Tune for new CP3?

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I tuned a friends LB7 and he just replaced his CP3. I told him not too but he got a 42% over cp3, is there anything I need to change in the tuning now?

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
May as well send it back an save yourself the hassle. I'll nvr run anything from them. First one was a 120 over made it 170 miles second one went 10 miles. It locked the pump up exploded the cp3 gear an off went the timing cover. Went to fleece no probs now. Just saying do yourself a favor.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Forgot to mention the second one they also told me had 90 dyno pulls on it. I was like umm wtf it's spose to be a new pump not some tested wore out pump that's not what I paid for.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If the regulator is modded (or from a LBZ), then it will need a tune update to work with that regulator.

Industrial Injection is hit and miss. I ran a set of their 60% over injectors with no problems, pulled them out and went bigger, put them in another truck, no problems, ran it for years then sold the truck, current owner still has no problems. But some people have their stuff crap out immediately. Seems to be luck of the draw.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Well it's not my truck so really don't care lol just don't want him to think my tuning is crap. I just never worked on a modified truck before. I fixed the tune for his 10 over injectors now have to fix it for the cp3. What kind of stuff would I look for in data logging, to make sure it's keeping rail pressure vs commanded? So pretty much what would I need to tweak for the fpr. Industrial said it was modified but was a stock lb7 fpr, just modified.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Well it's not my truck so really don't care lol just don't want him to think my tuning is crap. I just never worked on a modified truck before. I fixed the tune for his 10 over injectors now have to fix it for the cp3. What kind of stuff would I look for in data logging, to make sure it's keeping rail pressure vs commanded? So pretty much what would I need to tweak for the fpr. Industrial said it was modified but was a stock lb7 fpr, just modified.

By no means am I trying to sound like a dick here but....... You probably should not be tuning trucks if you ask those questions.

Actual rail psi pid &
Commanded rail psi pids will show you your actual psi vs commanded psi. How much usec are you commanding and what fuel rate mm3?

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Well like I said I do great on stock trucks just don't do modified trucks. And I told him don't need 42 over, just a waste of money. And its just a hobby its not a business.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You're tuning it but don't care how it runs? Practice on your own truck and blow it up.

You do great tuning on stock trucks with no modifications? So what, you delete codes?

It's no wonder people come here begging for help after they got "help".

I think I'd rather go to longhorn :spit:

"Tuner" :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Learn to read did I say I don't care how it runs? why the hell am I asking questions if I dont care how it runs. I said I didn't care what cp3 he got as he didn't listen anyways.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You're going to catch flack because the impression is someone paid you to tune their truck, and you don't know how to do it (which is why you are here asking how to do it). This bothers us, because someone is paying to be your guinea pig. But maybe you're doing it for a friend for free (or the cost of the license), so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Most modified LB7 regulators just square off the opening, which is the same as the LBZ regulator, but with the connector positioned better to fit a stock LB7. If that is the case, you can use the LBZ table in the LB7. There is a thread on here if you search that tells you how to scale it. Start with that, and see how it runs.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Search B1010. Thats the table that will probably need modifying.

The rest....damn.