TTS transmission dead!!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Mike, I Need some advice on which way to go with the next build. Apparently the TTS transmission upgrade was not enough for my driving style. After just pulling my tranny 2 months ago and spending over 3k on building it the transmission let go. I do not know what happened yet but it seems like the clutches are shot, every time I reset the computer and try to drive it the transmission slips and goes back into limp mode. The transmission was shifting to third when it let go and the motor bounced off the rev-limiter:mad:
So what should I do? Continue upgrading what I have? Or chalk it up as a bad investment and buy a suncoast kit from you?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Would a set of ALTO's hold better with my other mods then the OEM ones the kit is designed to work with? Or should I just start from scratch?

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
What parts did you use from TTS's site? I took a look at their site and the only thing I saw for the upgrade kit was just C-3's pack increase in clutch's, P2 spacer, converter lockup valve, and a Transgo shift kit (different per year). The question I have is there a line pressure mod that comes with TTS's or the Transgo kit for your truck. If not maybe somebody could sell you one and give that a try along with replacing burnt clutch's(cheep) otherwise it's going to be 2200-2800 for a stage 3 or 4 from suncoast.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
What parts did you use from TTS's site? I took a look at their site and the only thing I saw for the upgrade kit was just C-3's pack increase in clutch's, P2 spacer, converter lockup valve, and a Transgo shift kit (different per year). The question I have is there a line pressure mod that comes with TTS's or the Transgo kit for your truck. If not maybe somebody could sell you one and give that a try along with replacing burnt clutch's(cheep) otherwise it's going to be 2200-2800 for a stage 3 or 4 from suncoast.

Thats basically the kit with a small shim for some additional line pressure. I am trying to decide if I should just scrap the TTS idea all together and try a suncoast or just try some Alto's or maybe even a co-pilot to my existing set up (OEM-CLUTCHES). I am hoping Mike will chime in with a suggestion or any one else with knowledge on mixing kits.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I wonder how much line pressure it adds I wonder if it's anywhere near what a SC4-5 have? I don't remember what stock was vs SC's kit added maybe Mike may say.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Call my cell. 310 918 9678
I need to know what exactly was done and then we can decide how to fix it.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
A line Pressure shim was not installed, Its looks more like a washer then anything. Mike and myself discussed it not being in there and do not think that was the cause of the failure. I will let Mike elaborate on the subject if he chooses because I will probably mess up the terminology needed to explain the purpose of the shim and how much pressure it actually increases.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
NOOO...:confused:

I don't believe that..:D

I feel for you man..Hope you get things worked out..

Yes, Things are being worked out Mike is sending me what I need and I learned not to ever do buisness with TTS again. Not because there kit failed to do what was advertised but because of the Shady character I believe the owner to be.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Parts is parts.

They really need to knock off the favoritism crap. It helps nobody.

I agree and I will be the first to admit I am ruff on equipment and when things break its to be expected when you are pushing parts to there limits. I just hate Shady people if I got a strait deal on the parts in the first place and they failed I would not have said anything on a forum about it publicly but since Steve likes to manipulatate words and pass the blame I Did. If you are going to claim your product does this and that for half the cost then you better be able to back it up I.M.O.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I remember when I stuck a 'CoPilot only' in Casper I. Mike L told me it would not hold, but there were some folk on the interwebby claiming it would. Yup, limped it.

Nothing replaces experience.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
He's got a great reputation for a reason!! I am Glad to be doing buisness with him I know he will steer me in the right direction.