LMM: Trucks killing me any help is appreciated

Greenmachine07turd

May 7, 2020
Wood river il
Hey all I'm also in need of some serious help with mine over pressurizing bet was told it could b the fact that they did an egr delete in the ecm and edit live but idk the issue started with it alerting that the exhaust gas temp was too high asked around was told not that big a deal just turn the alert off so I need oil changed they turned the alarm off for me ok but as time went bye after alil bit started having over pressurizing the coolant tank it was old changed it and it stopped for alil while then it happens again but not always so I start asking around again and was told head but got it pressure tested help 10 lbs for a good ten mins so was stumped finally got a Chevy dealership mechanic to look and sees the egr still all in tack says it could b the issue so checked it again held 15 lbs for a good ten mins so ordered the egr delete kit and as finishing it realized there are three plugs with where to go and a power cable still having pressurizing issues gonna change thermostats and see just haven't long as I can keep it from going 1Over 190 it's fine witch isn't the easiest on the highway any ideas would b great I cant afford the bead job so looking elsewhere first

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
First off, ya gotta fix that massive run on sentence. your text is all we have to go on so make it clear and concise.

Second, we need a whole list of any mods done and any other info you feel is pertenent. all we know at this point is that its an LMM (we think).

Bulldogr6

Feb 18, 2012
Wester Mass
As stated above longest sentence ever LOL

Having the EGR turned off in the tune shouldn't contribute to over pressurizing the cooling system as far as I know. I know people that have had that done for a 100,000 + miles without a EGR delete or block off.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Bulldogr6

Feb 18, 2012
Wester Mass
If you decide to fix your run-on sentence and give more information add your location and maybe someone can make the suggestion diesel tech that knows what the f*** they're doing.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Hey all I'm also in need of some serious help with mine over pressurizing bet was told it could b the fact that they did an egr delete in the ecm and edit live but idk the issue started with it alerting that the exhaust gas temp was too high asked around was told not that big a deal just turn the alert off so I need oil changed they turned the alarm off for me ok but as time went bye after alil bit started having over pressurizing the coolant tank it was old changed it and it stopped for alil while then it happens again but not always so I start asking around again and was told head but got it pressure tested help 10 lbs for a good ten mins so was stumped finally got a Chevy dealership mechanic to look and sees the egr still all in tack says it could b the issue so checked it again held 15 lbs for a good ten mins so ordered the egr delete kit and as finishing it realized there are three plugs with where to go and a power cable still having pressurizing issues gonna change thermostats and see just haven't long as I can keep it from going 1Over 190 it's fine witch isn't the easiest on the highway any ideas would b great I cant afford the bead job so looking elsewhere first

I couldn’t make much sense of this..:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hey all I'm also in need of some serious help with my truck that is over pressurizing.
Was told it could be the fact that they did an egr delete in the ecm and efi live but idk the issue.
Started with it alerting that the exhaust gas temp was too high asked around was told not that big a deal just turn the alert off.
So I need oil changed they turned the alarm (code?) off for me.
But as time went by started having over pressurizing in the coolant tank.
It (the coolant?) was old changed it and it stopped for a little while then it happens again but not always so I start asking around again.
Was told head (head cracked? bad gaskets?) but got it pressure tested held 10 lbs for a good ten mins so was stumped.
Finally got a Chevy dealership mechanic to look and sees the egr still all intact says it could be the issue so checked it again held 15 lbs for a good ten mins so ordered the egr delete kit.

As I was finishing it I realized there are three plugs with nowhere to go and a power cable. (from where to where?)

Still having pressurizing issues so Im gonna change thermostats and see
if I can keep it from going over 190*. It's fine which isn't the easiest on the highway. (NO idea what this means)

Any ideas would be great I cant afford the head job so looking elsewhere first

Tried to make sense of it. I think this guy posted another thread similar to this a short time ago, and got no responses.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
This was a question ? I thought it was one of those images that if you stare at it you’ll see a hidden image.......jokes on me

Greenmachine07turd

May 7, 2020
Wood river il
Tried to make sense of it. I think this guy posted another thread similar to this a short time ago, and got no responses.

You are correct. I did post this to another post that was having very similar issues and got no response what so ever. Ps sorry yall didnt know I have to b proper with my question first post ever on here and dont know shit about diesels just own one

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Yeah this isn’t Facebook or a text so it helps to make proper sentences. Life just isn’t fair sometimes. Other than that I have nothing useful to add to this post :hug:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You are correct. I did post this to another post that was having very similar issues and got no response what so ever. Ps sorry yall didnt know I have to b proper with my question first post ever on here and dont know shit about diesels just own one

We can’t help you if you can’t help us be clear on what is going on. We are not mind readers

Greenmachine07turd

May 7, 2020
Wood river il
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 6.6 turbo

Ok y’all my bad for not being a major in grammar, but I need help with this truck. I'm from Illinois, close to StL. I bought truck as is. Love it and hate it. It was said it had EFI live already set up and professionally installed.

Problems started off immediately with the Exhaust gas temp alert going off. Shop that installed it looked at it, just shut the alarm off and said it was fine or I could replace it. So time goes on and I've kept up on all maintenance. Issues persist, and getting worse.

Pressuring Issues if over 192 temp, dumping antifreeze

Tried:

New cap on coolant tank

Changed the whole tank thinking maybe it's just too old. That helped, but not for long.
Pressure test showed 10lbs at idle for 10min

EGR Delete

Changed Thermostats

Now truck is not running hot or even at 192, but dumping antifreeze out even after a local 5 mile trip under 45mph. Tank was full after it cooled and I opened to look.

Any advice?

Is that better yall

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Settle down green turd everyone here wants to help you, just help us help you :thumb:

What you're describing is the exact same symptoms as my buddy's lbz was having when his headgaskets were toast. We just fixed it last month and have around $2500 in it with just parts, gaskets, fluids, etc. It can be done cheaper but expect to have at least $2000 in it when you do it yourself.

We called about 6 or 7 different local shops for quotes and if they even called us back the price was $7500-$9000:eek:

Good luck, stick around , and let us know how it goes. We'll be here to lend a hand

Jun 27, 2017
Nebraska
First off don’t get pissed at people for wanting to help understand your question. This forum is full of extremely knowledgeable people who are willing to help if they can get a better grasp on what’s going on.

Second off this sounds like headgaskets or a cracked head, order a combustion leak test kit, just to be sure.