LB7: Truck wont start.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Alright guys I decided to change my fuel filter this weekend. After everything I primed the system with my MITUSA pump and a drill. Tried for about 2 hours to start it and nothing.

Then as Im trying to figure it out with the key on I hear a noise from under the hood I figure it out as it was the CP3 regulator was making noises. I think it is the regulator because before this I was driving it and it had a little surging while driving down the road at a steady speed like 60mph.

I didn't have my computer and EFIlive setup so I couldn't pull any codes but do you think its the CP3 regulator?

Thanks

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Are you sure you dont have a leak somewhere? I know it will not start if you have a steady leak. Does it surge when at idle also? If so then i would say its the fpr

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
It would surge a little at idle randomly. I wouldn't think the FPR should make noises also.

Hey Mike I don't have the stock filter head anymore I just have my aftermarket one. I can't say I have a fuel leak anywhere because the filter was the only thing in the fuel system that I touch and it ran before the filter change and has never had a problem with losing prime.