Truck is running on 4 cyl, shot in the dark for help.

Nomad_LBZ

Steady Sleepin'
Oct 18, 2015
Lake Charles, LA
Currently working on a 2008 Kodiac 4500 (LMM). Just changed the injectors and turbo, truck truck is running like shit. Pull the codes,

P0201: Injector 1 Control circuit
P0204: Injector 4 Control circuit
P0206: Injector 6 Control circuit
P0207: Injector 7 Control circuit
P0118: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0183: Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0090: Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Circuit
P02E8: Intake Air Flow Valve Position Sensor Low Voltage
P0107: Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

There is no contribution from cylinders 1, 4, 6, and 7. Desired FRP is 6k but actual is 12k. Im thinking there has to be a short of some sort, but with all this popping up at once I'm not really sure where to start. I'm crediting the FRP discrepancy to the fuel system trying to keep the truck running on four dead holes. I've gone through engine management wiring diagrams but cant find a common point except the ECM itself. Does anybody have extensive electrical understanding of these trucks to help me pinpoint what is going on?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm taking a shot in the dark and going to put my money on the large bale connectors on top of the engine. Check the pins and make sure none are bent or pushed back

Reactions: Dm23

Nomad_LBZ

Steady Sleepin'
Oct 18, 2015
Lake Charles, LA
I'm taking a shot in the dark and going to put my money on the large bale connectors on top of the engine. Check the pins and make sure none are bent or pushed back
You were correct. Several of the pins were pushed back. Pulled them forward with a pair of pliers and she runs smooth again. Thank you very much, was not looking forward running continuity tests and searching for broken wires. Got lucky on this one.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Glad it worked. And thanks for posting back the results. Many never come back until they have another problem. Leaving us wondering what ever happened

Reactions: countrycorey