dsc_0423.jpg

dsc_0425.jpg

dsc_0419.jpg

dsc_0429.jpg

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
Not only that but would you carry your M4 like that and drive around while it gets dirty and expect it to work. Those spare upper and open mag wells are begging to pickup dirt and FTC or FTL. I'm still confused at why one would carry spare complete uppers.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Not only that but would you carry your M4 like that and drive around while it gets dirty and expect it to work. Those spare upper and open mag wells are begging to pickup dirt and FTC or FTL. I'm still confused at why one would carry spare complete uppers.

Different calibers probably. I have a 9mm upper for my 5.56 AR15 for example.

The pics were pulled from some executive protection/security site so probably just some people a little.... too involved in their job :rofl:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada

As far as I seen the boxes are sealed so it would keep out most dust other then when open.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Those uppers will be useless if your driving around down range. There will be so much dust in there, you'll have to clean them before you think about firing them. You'd be really suprized where that dust can get into.

I'm sure they work fine for "training" state side. That's about it. I know I would'n't want those parts on the outside of my truck if I needed them. Cool idea still.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
If you were taking fire, where would you want your guns, in reach, or outside under the truck. Personally my pistol is alot closer and when my ar or shotgun is in the truck it's against the front of the rear seat.
That and I NEVER expect to actually need it. Just a good place to put it on the way to the range.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
That's interesting.

At first I thought it might be some Blackwater pics, but those guys wouldn't bother with multiple uppers and 1 lower. They'd have 5 full guns. I agree, with the poor accessibility of those weapons and mags. Might be cool for tools or something else, but defensive weapons should always be within arms reach inside any transport.

Side note: My '87 CUCV 1-ton has 2 M16 holders on each side of the cab, right behind the seat. The guns sit vertically in the cab corners. I won't use them for legality reasons, unless strictly off road in a hunting situation.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I dont like the idea of the guns being out there. boxes are meh at best, I don't really care for the look.

Also those locks on those boxes are pieces of shit, and I wouldn't put anything more valuable than a deck of cards in there.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
That's interesting.

At first I thought it might be some Blackwater pics, but those guys wouldn't bother with multiple uppers and 1 lower. They'd have 5 full guns. I agree, with the poor accessibility of those weapons and mags. Might be cool for tools or something else, but defensive weapons should always be within arms reach inside any transport.

Side note: My '87 CUCV 1-ton has 2 M16 holders on each side of the cab, right behind the seat. The guns sit vertically in the cab corners. I won't use them for legality reasons, unless strictly off road in a hunting situation.
they would be nice to hold chains straps or a chain saw or some cattle hot sticks

howard8448

L33T
Mar 21, 2015
Oceanside, CA
Has anyone actually found a box that is suitable for locking up a shotgun or AR? I'm looking at installing the ShotLock but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything better.