Transmission jack

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Harbor freight makes a trans jack that goes on your floor kack is that what your talking about?
I bought a full size trans jack from Greg Smith equipment they have some great stuff there That show room is like the holy grail of garge stuff

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Don't our transmissions weigh like 600 lb? I wanna base this mod jack around a 1,000lb jack

2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Lol... Well my idea is to take a full size tran jack weld a piece of flat metal to Span across lifting surface of jack wide enough to cradle transmission then weld brackets to that that will run up and bolt to pto covers on both sides, I'm assuming most transmissions have the same pto bolt pattern so this should work for the dodge transmissions to, back when I had my dodge and was swapping my nv out almost every month this would have been handy haha

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.746700,-92.772322
2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The trans jacks come with the flat plate and L channel and chain to go around the trans if need be i have never had to use the chains but if you feel better they are there

RedDmaxLBZ07

Oct 16, 2009
East TN
I just used a Napa brand trans jack when I took mine out and it worked good. I used a ratchet strap to secure the trans to the jack plate.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I used the HD harbor freight trans jack for years on many trucks. Finally upgraded when we got lifts. We still use it when we have a show truck, or heavy trucks that have a lift that does not allow it to fit the lift correctly.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The one i use is a Napa brand , it has worked great for 3 years now , I think if it was done right it would work making it bolt up but I think it would have to bolt to both PTO covers to be "safe" , but seems like a lot of work to fix something that isn't really broken , the trans jacks designed to work under a hoist work great just as they come out of the box IMOP.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
We have a older Walker trans jack. We have used it for years and it works great. Its a under lift type and has adjustable tabs that go around the edge of the tranny pan. I would hate to know the amount of transmissions it has installed. It handled my Allison with ease...

'03duramax

I love cheer******s
Sep 16, 2006
WA
The Allison really doesn't feel too heavy. Everytime I've R&R'd one, we just used a regular jack, and I held on to it to stabilize it while someone controlled the jack, that way if it slipped off I could hold it there. Never had a problem lining anything up either. I could see being on a lift adding difficulty though since it would be much higher up.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The Allison really doesn't feel too heavy. Everytime I've R&R'd one, we just used a regular jack, and I held on to it to stabilize it while someone controlled the jack, that way if it slipped off I could hold it there. Never had a problem lining anything up either. I could see being on a lift adding difficulty though since it would be much higher up.
I have a lift and a tilt plate on the trans jack and it works great no problems here :thumb: