Help: Trans problems

bama20th

Apr 29, 2012
Alabama
Ok, so I'm new to the duramax world, bought my truck jus a few days ago and currently its throwing a P0700 code, I researched this and seen that its simply because the TCM has detected some sort of problem with the trans and it puts the truck into "limp" mode to protect everything, iv noticed a leak from the trans coolant hose and I was wondering, would this cause the host of other problems I'm having? IE, trans not shifting down into first gear and hard shifts when giving it gas when starting out, every time i pour trans fluid into it, the truck seems to run smoothly for a lil while then starts doing it again, it leads me to thinking that this would be the only problem but i want to make sure because I'm trying to get the dealership to fix it and want to know if there could be a bigger problem that they might not tell me about.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
Ok, so I'm new to the duramax world, bought my truck jus a few days ago and currently its throwing a P0700 code, I researched this and seen that its simply because the TCM has detected some sort of problem with the trans and it puts the truck into "limp" mode to protect everything, iv noticed a leak from the trans coolant hose and I was wondering, would this cause the host of other problems I'm having? IE, trans not shifting down into first gear and hard shifts when giving it gas when starting out, every time i pour trans fluid into it, the truck seems to run smoothly for a lil while then starts doing it again, it leads me to thinking that this would be the only problem but i want to make sure because I'm trying to get the dealership to fix it and want to know if there could be a bigger problem that they might not tell me about.

Have the dealership scan it with a proper scan tool, have to go into the TCM itself to find the actual code causing the issue.

bama20th

Apr 29, 2012
Alabama
Ok thanks, I have learned that the 0700 is a generic code from the TCM just wanted to see if the leak would be the only problem, I'm currently on a rollback to show up and get my baby to take it down to the dealership, im gonna have them take it to their transmission guy and see what is going on with it, heres hopeing that my truck isnt bad screwed up!