trans issues after engine work

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
It took me a few months too get my lb7 back together after a cracked head. Now the motor is running strong but the tranny has alot of lag to it. My question is..... after having the tcm off for so long, do i need to consider a re-learn, or just stick with trans filter change? Im new to the duramax/ allison world so im kinda lost. It hass really harsh down shifts and lags when i go to leave stop signs etc. The lag on take off usually results in a suge of power, so im sure its not good for the tranny.

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Every time you disconnect the battery or reflash the ECM, the trans has to relearn.

Make sure the fuel filter is good, and drive it. It should get better.

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Every time you disconnect the battery the trans has to relearn. .

That's good to know. Mine was shifting terribly yesterday but I had the batteries unhooked to install some audio equipment.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I had my batteries unhooked (both positive and negative cables) for about 6 hours last week while installing an upgrade to stock radio and a few other items, never had any issues shifting....

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
The fluid is good, its been getting better. But sigh..... i had to disconnect the batteries again to fix a few things. We'll see how it drives tomorrow lol

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
I know this is the wrong place for this but has anyone had an issue with diesel shooting out of the end of one of their fuel rails. The end with the star key fitting?

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
Ok... new problem, CEL came on and the tranny stopped working. I mean it coasted to a stop and wouldnt do anything. Checked the codes and there was 4. All for the transmission. I remember two but cant find the paper that had the others. P0732 and p0700. I figure that at least one of the codes is why i have a rough idle. Stock transmission and motor. Any thoughts?

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
Luckily i could see my house from where it stopped. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in..... still have the codes, but the tranny started working.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
The fuel shooting out the end of the rail will be why the engine is running rough. Cant say i have seen that on my trucks before.

You say the trans quits working? What do you mean? Is it locked up and wont move at all or is it in limp mode?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Switch speed sensors from the bell housing to the output and see what happens. If still the same switch turbine and output.

jjcrss

Aug 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
Thanks mike, the weather is horrible right now, so i might not be able to get to that till tomorrow. In regards to the tranny, the motor would rev, but the truck wasnt going anywhere. Hell it actually started rolling backwards lol the two codes that i posted were the only ones that autozone had listed for gm, the other 2(one of them was a 17XX something) werent listed as gm codes but they still fell into the transmission category.