Trans downshifting cruise issue

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I've been battling a problem with my truck smoking while pulling any kind of grade in 6th with tc locked for a year now. It doesn't want to downshift but just bogs down. Even if I drop it to manual and put it in 5th without turning the cruise off it will stay in 6th. Only does it when using the cruise control. Any ideas guys. Just had the tcm tuned and still the same thing only with cruise on.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I'll have to try that on mine and see what it does. If it works right in mine, I can send you my TCM tune and see if that helps. Not sure if I have ever tried it. Only under load or if you just cruising it won't come out of 6th

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Set the cruise on 60 and going uphill. Just a slight hill lol nothing huge. Mark just sent me one and no luck. He said it may have something to do with the bcm but idk.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I know the feeling l I have a 89 ranger and my old lady has the dirty lol but I appreciate it guys. I've been dealing with this for almost a year and two tuners haven't been able to correct it. My tune from mark has helped but now I don't shift into 6th till 70mph. Just frustrating after you change converters and turbos and still does the same thing but didn't do it stock and tuned.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I ran mine tonight and can't duplicate your problem? Mine stays in 6th pulling the mountain but stock fuel / stock charger. The engine doesnt pull down just keeps on pulling with conv locked.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I appreciate it. Like I said it never did it with the stock charger but with the 3794 and 68stg2r it's like a 12 valve lugging in 5th. Weird thing is ever if I leave it in cruise and drop it to manual mode 5th it won't downshift. Take it off cruise and it will drop down to 5th.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
LMM's are wierd. Mine did this as well, never got it figured out, at least yours isnt limping. I had to clear a low boost code about 100 times pulling a boat thru virginia and maryland a few years ago, talk about furstrating and scary. I know of a few people who switched to an lbz ecu and fixed the wierd shit the lmm ecu does but that f's up alot of other stuff...

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I miss my lly lol. I guess I'll wait on Kyle to see if his does it and go from there. May be as simple as something in the tune being over looked or I'll take it in and have them re flash the Tcm maybe that will help.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I miss my lly lol. I guess I'll wait on Kyle to see if his does it and go from there. May be as simple as something in the tune being over looked or I'll take it in and have them re flash the Tcm maybe that will help.

The tuning issues the lmm's and lml's have is half the reason I bought an lb7 to play around with. I figured f it, I was going to end up with more than the lb7 costs invested in my lml and who knows if it would ever drive right. Its a crapp shoot with the lmm's, some do fine others not so much...

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
The tuning issues the lmm's and lml's have is half the reason I bought an lb7 to play around with. I figured f it, I was going to end up with more than the lb7 costs invested in my lml and who knows if it would ever drive right. Its a crapp shoot with the lmm's, some do fine others not so much...

I have had em all and cant say anything bad about the lmm. Just depends on who is doing the tuning I guess. I will admit early on it was a struggle to get things right but my lmm is dialed now perfect for a dd.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I've tuned em all from 01-10, and I still prefer LB7's. They just do what you tell them to do, none of this guessing crap and dealing with 20 different multipliers to get one table to do what you tell it to. Or ghost codes that pop up for no reason, any of the other issues BOSCH ECM's have. Or LLY's that pick and choose when they want to flash, and if they take a flash. LLY's are honestly worse to do than BOSCH ECM's IMO. I have pulled my hair out more with LLY's trying to get flashes to go in, or take than any others combined. I've got one truck in particuliar that I have lost count of how many times a flash said it went through, but afterwards the truck just didn't run right, or tunes being in the wrong position. Reflash it and sometimes it will go through and work fine, or sometimes it goes back to stock. I have REALLY come to hate LLY's.