Trans cooler

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Are the Mike L trans coolers still available? I put one in my 2002 about 2 years ago. Need one for a 2006 LBZ.
You would have to speak with Evan @ Inglewood transmission first. He was considering caring them how ever the price has increased. I don't know what he decided.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
So Mike L trans coolers are available from Evan @ Inglewood Transmission?
No I stated to check with Evan First. He purchased Inglewood transmissions from Mike L.

When I last spoke to Evan he was considering purchasing the coolers again for those that wanted them. He currently sales and installs the Mishimoto cooler kit as its less expensive and just as effective.

For a period of time the coolers were not available from the vendor. My understanding is there was a cost increase when they were finally made available. I know the vendor has the coolers in stock but they do not supply the brackets.

Last edited:

TOMAN

Jul 19, 2008
I have a mishimoto on mine. Normally runs 60-70 over ambient temperature. X2

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Right now the Mishimoto coolers are the most effective proven cooler for these trucks in an OEM location. The newer PPE bar-and-plate style seem to cool well but I've also seen a few fail in my friend group (other shop owners).

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Right now the Mishimoto coolers are the most effective proven cooler for these trucks in an OEM location. The newer PPE bar-and-plate style seem to cool well but I've also seen a few fail in my friend group (other shop owners).
When they fail, How are they failing?
Leaking externally, Internally plugin up from trash?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Has anyone tried out the xdp brand one? I’ve looked at it a few times and compared it to pictures of other companies and it looks awfully close to being the same atleast for lbz.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Has anyone tried out the xdp brand one? I’ve looked at it a few times and compared it to pictures of other companies and it looks awfully close to being the same atleast for lbz.
I am pretty sure they are all getting them from the same Chinese source... you can find them for almost half the price on Ebay.

I am curious about the Max Flow Sub Zero from the Dmax store. I can not find any feedback from any one that has even purchased one.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I called fludyne and had one made. The cooler worked amazing towing in the desert though the mountains. I want to think the cooler was around 400. The fludyne next to a PPE

Attachments

• IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5559.jpeg
    IMG_5559.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 28

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I called fludyne and had one made. The cooler worked amazing towing in the desert though the mountains. I want to think the cooler was around 400. The fludyne next to a PPE
Did you get a part number or order number that others could use to order others just like it?