Tranny slams into reverse

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
I've got an issue with my tranny. When everything is cold it will shift into reverse just fine. When the tranny gets warm it will pause then slam into reverse. I have no other issues. I believe it has something to do with the pressure switch? Anybody got any ideas?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You could try resetting the garage taps and see what happens. There might also be some crud on the reverse pressure filter screen on the manifold. Changing spin on might help. There is always the possibilty of worn C3 clutches.

reuter

Slow and Smokey ;)
Feb 4, 2009
Somonauk
i was having same issue, like you had to stand on the brake to keep her under control, took valvebody apart, had the lil conical internal plugged with material. I had also broken the little spring that holds the check ball in the lobe (part of Transgo kit). put her back together and returned truck to stock to let it relaearn (after a taps clearing via EFI) then go let her eat

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
You could try resetting the garage taps and see what happens. There might also be some crud on the reverse pressure filter screen on the manifold. Changing spin on might help. There is always the possibilty of worn C3 clutches.

Atleast i had the word "Tap" right!!:D

I shouldn't forget tapping it in a garage:confused:

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
i was having same issue, like you had to stand on the brake to keep her under control, took valvebody apart, had the lil conical internal plugged with material. I had also broken the little spring that holds the check ball in the lobe (part of Transgo kit). put her back together and returned truck to stock to let it relaearn (after a taps clearing via EFI) then go let her eat

Ya thats exactly what it acts like. I have reset the garage taps to no avail. I suppose i will change the spin on and see if that does anything. If not i will drop the valvebody and have a look around.

BLUEBLAZER

Mar 23, 2009
Mine does the same thing i have had the defuel off for about 3k miles and pulled a 20k pound back hoe like that, hope i didnt fry the thing, but it holds power just fine.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I recently had the same thing happen to mine, however I would also get the same thing in the 2-3 shift. After I shut it down I restarted and got the "shift range inhibited" message and truck wouldn't go into any gear.

Any ideas?