Trailer Brakes

dmaxtruck

Perfect Sleeper
Jan 22, 2008
Anyone have a particular like/dislike on trailer brakes? I've got a 9k 3 axle pinel(sp?) hitch trailer on the family farm and our old hauler is starting to wear out.

Cheaper is normally the way we go for this kind of thing, but sometimes you get what you pay for so I figured I'd do a little research before I buy. Thanks in advance.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I have the tekonsha prodigy and it works very well. It has boost levels so when you need extra stopping power (highway speeds/mountain roads), you can up the boost and the trailer brakes bite harder/sooner. Around town, lower boost level and it works like normal.

Jerod Jardine

Vendor Status on HOLD
May 6, 2008
If your looking for a brake controller make sure you get set up for 3 brake axels or how many ever you have. If the trailer needs new brakes look into Rigid Hitch. They'll give most any one a jobber account. When we need to rebuild our trailer brakes we just get the whole kit, hub,drum,everything. It works out to about the same cost. We used to just put shoes and springs on but then it seemed the next turn around a seal was out or then the drums were shot and you'd be pretty close to replacing almost every thing any way.