LB7: Tow mirror installation help

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
I am looking at purchasing tow mirrors for my 03 ec/sb lb7 my truck is an ls package with power mirrors...doesnt have signals in mirrors or heated...but i want to install full power, heated, led signal towing mirrors but i can not find any info on what kind of electrical work i would have to do to make this possible...these are the mirrors im looking at doing ....

http://www.am-autoparts.com/2003/Chevy/Silverado2500/Mirrors/AM-13511626/602795.html

Any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Do you have an electric rear defrost window, the rear window with the horizontal black lines? It is a button on your dash that looks like your front defrost except that it has a square outline with vertical squiggly lines going up. I'm 100% sure that didn't make sense. haha :(

If so then you more than likely have the electrical wires to the mirrors. You'll also have the wires for turn signals as well. I've got an O3 LS; the mirrors didn't have turn signals in them but the wires are in the harness.

I hope this helps even though my explaining isn't that good.

Yellowchevy

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Thats actually exactly what i needed.. do u think those ones i have linked to will work then?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Thats actually exactly what i needed.. do u think those ones i have linked to will work then?

Yes they should. I installed the exact set on my buddys pickup in August out in SD before a wedding when they were suiting up:D
His was a 06 but the 03-06(07 classic) have the same wire harness if I remember right. And again I installed them on my 03 and everything works without having to do any wiring.

Yellowchevy

Tylerwhite

Sep 23, 2012
Just got my new tow mirrors for my 2003 lb7 and my power mirrors that I have now do not have a plug on them right behind the plastic mirror shrouding just wondering how they work and I'm upgrading to power heated with led signals

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Just got my new tow mirrors for my 2003 lb7 and my power mirrors that I have now do not have a plug on them right behind the plastic mirror shrouding just wondering how they work and I'm upgrading to power heated with led signals

They should clip into your door card... where the window control and lock switch are... mine did anyways