LB7: Tinging noise through oil fill and ticking like exhaust leak???

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
2004 lb7 with mods in sig, ever since replacing the head gaskets and installing the 66mm turbo I have been chasing a exhaust leak sounding noise, it ticks at idle and fairly loud under light light load. I thought it must have been the downpipe flange so I ordered a new flange and clamp but when I went to replace them I noticed the flange looked fine so I installed the new clamp and went for a test drive, no change at all. Back at the shop me and a buddy went over it with a stethoscope very carefully trying to find the source of the ticking noise, the only thing I noticed is three injectors were louder than the rest and appeared to have diesel leaking slightly around the top....... Just for the anyhow of it I pulled the oil cap and noticed a tinging noise, it sounds like a washer rattling around on a shaft but I have no idea what in a duramax would cause something like that??? Any guesses on either noise?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well I think I found the problem, I sucked the soul right out of the last 6.0 I raced.

20120911_215734.jpg

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well I think I found the problem, I sucked the soul right out of the last 6.0 I raced.

20120911_215734.jpg

I kid, there was a 6.0 injector and a duramax with a head off sitting in the shop so i couldnt resist :rofl: , the guys who said they all ping are right, i called a buddy and had him listen to his truck and he heard the same noise. Now to just track down the exhaust leak sounding noise.....