LMM: Tick

dainmeyero

Dec 25, 2015
Have a pretty good consistent tick from the passenger side of motor in my 2010, tick speeds up with engine rev. Can this be a injector issue? Any help would be awesome thanks merry Christmas

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

dainmeyero

Dec 25, 2015
Would a injector balance test tell me if that could be the cause?

dainmeyero

Dec 25, 2015
What additive do u run? I heard a lot of people run 2 stroke oil

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
I had sort of a tick when the copper washer of the injector didn't seat. But it was due to an unclean bore when replacing the injectors.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I say injector knock or exhaust leak. Balance rates should tell you if there's an injector acting up. Do a return test as well to be extra extra sure

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
What additive do u run? I heard a lot of people run 2 stroke oil

I run the grey bottle of power service. Two stroke oil can cause build up and is a waste IMO. I've ran a couple of additives, and power service is the most handy to find and is cheap and its worked great on both of my trucks for a 300k mile total combined miles. I ran out for 4 fill ups on the LMM and it knocked and ticked, 20 moles after the juice it quieted down. Might be spoiled too.

dainmeyero

Dec 25, 2015
I say injector knock or exhaust leak. Balance rates should tell you if there's an injector acting up. Do a return test as well to be extra extra sure
Would I have to take it to a shop or can I buy something to do it myself

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Pop the hood, have someone put it in gear hold the brake and give it some fuel to put it under a load. If an injector is barely leaking you won't find it unless the motor is under a load, same with some exhaust leaks. They don't have to sit and molt the tires just enough to get the motor grunting a bit.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Is it a typewriter type tick? If so, have you changed your oil lately?
I didn't see where you answered this but my motor does this very noticeably after a oil change for a while.. It'll even speed up ticking when rpms go up a little bit..

Not saying that's what yours is doing but definitely would look into it before you try troubleshooting all kinds of stuff if it was me..