Thoughts?

Lbz Joachim

Broke Spender
Oct 1, 2014
St. Clair, MI
I bought an S366 and ordering 30%s momday. Wanting opinions on how safe the setup would be to the bottom end. I mainly daily drive this truck but I also go to the dragstrip twice a year and a slut boy about once every year. I think I should be OK considering the drive pressure will be lower than a VGT set up but I want your opinions on how long I can keep my motor together.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Should be fine provided you don't beat the crap out of the truck all the time. You should make a solid 600hp with that setup, a little more if you want to push it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Luck of the draw. Might run forever might run a week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Optimism is a great quality

Hey, he asked for "thoughts" -- I gave him the first one that came to mind when I read his post. Not one thing negative about it.

Until you've been there, you have no idea what you're in for. ;)

Sent from a 6 pack of Widowmaker Black Ale

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Hey, he asked for "thoughts" -- I gave him the first one that came to mind when I read his post. Not one thing negative about it.

Until you've been there, you have no idea what you're in for. ;)

Sent from a 6 pack of Widowmaker Black Ale
I got that. I meant you being optimistic that it's going to take a year haha

Lbz Joachim

Broke Spender
Oct 1, 2014
St. Clair, MI
The inducer wheel has a few nicks in the blades, no shaft play though. Thinking about replacing the wheel before I put it in there. What's out there for a good batmowheel?

POWER Freak

Nov 20, 2008
Idaho
Hell I lost my crank at 80k miles with a stock turbo... It's hard to give sound advice on stock bottom end stuff.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Mine has had a 66 on it for about 4 years and 30% overs for over a year. So far so good with Idahorob tunes! It has never dynoed over 520 hp so idk if my tunes are crazy mild or the dyno is low :/
Edit 188,000 miles btw, been tuned since 120,000 and I'm pretty sure the previous owner had it tuned as well.

Lbz Joachim

Broke Spender
Oct 1, 2014
St. Clair, MI
Mine has had a 66 on it for about 4 years and 30% overs for over a year. So far so good with Idahorob tunes! It has never dynoed over 520 hp so idk if my tunes are crazy mild or the dyno is low :/
Edit 188,000 miles btw, been tuned since 120,000 and I'm pretty sure the previous owner had it tuned as well.

I have been thinking to make the switch from Dans to Atp. My Ddp tunes smoke like hell and made less power on the dyno than my last Lbz that had stock trans.... And insane blowby. Last Lbz was ppei tuned.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I have been thinking to make the switch from Dans to Atp. My Ddp tunes smoke like hell and made less power on the dyno than my last Lbz that had stock trans.... And insane blowby. Last Lbz was ppei tuned.
Blowby isn't a tuning issue..... I've been thinking about trying starlite tunes but I'm almost afraid to mess with it for fear it will bend a rod. LOL