Thoughts on classes, only different

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
All the local pulls are organized by the first shop to get into diesel trucks and their classes are slightly different than everyone elses. Essentially they use a weight class (8,000-8,500) and use different names in front of them like street and hot street, and superstreet with the only restrictions being that you meet the weight requirement and could drive it 45 miles. I like it but I don't at the same time. You can pull your truck in about 4 classes by hanging some weight but it's run what ya brung, and hope ya brung enough. Talking to the organizer I understand why he wants the rules as such, he runs a "smaller" twin setup and his truck weighs like 7900 empty, so he gets to pull all the time. In all fairness they do have an "Under 400hp" class for the and I quote "Guys with a chip that want to come and pull" but I know they only let Fords and (Dodges that don't smoke a lot) pull. Semi-rant thought collections over. What are your thoughts?

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
Thats just it, no difference except how much weight you hang. You have 800hp pullin with 380hp in the same class. More or less 10-15 trucks pulling four times with the same results in each class, unless a "rogue" shows up. It does help as far as getting experience goes though.

Chris611

Jul 14, 2007
Knoxville, Iowa
Yeah, I would agree with you that those classes wouldn't be much fun. Well maybe for the few trucks that are battling for the lead, but not much fun for the lower hp guys. I'd suggest to them that you do like most organizations and go by turbo size. That really helps level out the field. That seems to be the big limiter for the diesel classes. Hope it works out for you and you get a class/place to pull.

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
I thought it should be turbo size too, since everyone else uses those rules. I just think it might scare a few of the new guys off. On the other hand, they don't check for nitrous:D - until you start winning. I guess when someone not from their shop consistently wins or places highly, it'll change. Hope it's me:hello: