This HURT, don't do what i did!

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
As i hinted to in another post...
yesterday my best buddie got a nice 86 Cobalt pleasure boat, so we go to the lake and test her out and come back home to unhook it. So we get partial backed to the garage and decide to call it good and roll it in from there cause the garage is narrow. we start to winch it off the ball and it's hanging up. So we try a few times and finally I decided to jump on the bumper to un-stick it! Well it worked... the hitch poped up and the boat/trailer rolls forward an crushes my ankel with the hitch and bumper and pins me there! Well we pushed it back really fast after I howled in pain! That was the worst thing i've ever experianced! It hit me with, prolly a couple of tons of force right on the inside ball of my ankle to the outside ball against the bumper. It happened cause the tires were on the edge of the garage and it got a good 1ft of rolling momentum! I about passed out a few min after, had to have ice on it for hours. Later last night i could hobble on it but i got up this morning and stepped down and about cried! Got it x-rayed, very lucky, not broken, but briused the bone pretty good, very painful! Just learn from my screw-up! Don't do that! :( :cry:

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I about pissed my pants just reading about that..Get well soon.

Thanks, hope it heals fast, i got stuff to do and hobblin around on 1wd aint the way to do it! Can't wait for NHRA nats this weekend! Hope im more mobile by then! I got crutches but there a pain in the butt!:D

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
ouch man. get better soon. buddy tore up his pinky doin something similar a few years ago. 2 surgerys later hes back to normal fortunately

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
ouch man. get better soon. buddy tore up his pinky doin something similar a few years ago. 2 surgerys later hes back to normal fortunately

If i had gotten anything else in there it woulda been alot worse! Very painful where it got me but prolly the best place it coulda hit me at or woulda broke some stuff. The worst part pain wise, is the inside ball of the ankle, basically no "meat or fat" to take the blow, just bone, right were the lip of the hitch hit
me :cry:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Ouch. Dang.... It reminds me of my broken wrist and busted knee in football. Man I loved football, but what a price for your body to pay for a stupid sport.

Get well soon. :hug:

dieseljoe

<<<< ha ha ha
May 7, 2008
moreno valley calif.
dude that sux. i had a similar exp. was unhooking the trailer, yes i was standing right over the tounge, tounge popped up and hit me in the jaw:eek:. put my ass on the floor for a few. wife said the only thing that saved me was the safety chains were still hooked on.

h2oskibumz

May 9, 2008
Wouldn't of happend had i payed a little more attention:mad:

Glad to hear that nothing broke, it could have been a lot worse. I hope it heals quick.

Also, I wouldn't be too hard on my judgement if I were you... The sun and wind suck a lot out of you. I'll bet by the time you got home and were putting the boat away you were not "operating at full speed" and made a mistake that anyone could have.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Much betta today! Nasty lookin purple-ish look but I can walk on it almost like normal, excpt i can't bend it too much! And i certainly don't wanna bump it on anything! The bone and tendons will prolly be stay very sensative for a while! Thanks for all the replies and concerns! :hug::D Another shining example of this this forums members:D