Thinking of going from lifted to lowered

giest

MCLMM
May 23, 2011
Fallbrook, CA
OK guys so here is the deal. I am currently sitting on a RCD 6-8 in lift, dual fox shox front, on 35s. What I am seriously considering is doing a DJM 3/5 lowering kit. I am not looking for anyone to ask why or try and talk me out of it. What I am looking for is this....

I bought the truck with the lift on, so I am not sure what went in to putting on the lift. I know I will have to get new spindles, and possibly the t-bar frame cross member.

SO if any of you have any knowledge on this I would much appreciate it.

Also if there are any of you that are possibly interested in any of my lift components let me know. I will be looking to sell everything if I decide to pull the trigger on this.

And just so yall know this project is about 4 months out minimum. I am currently deployed.

Stevenmc89

Dec 22, 2012
Enterprise, Al
I'll take the dual shock hoops and uca's if you'll sell them separately. If its a spindle lift not the bracket style you'll need stock spindles, and either way you'll need stock length brake lines, stock length shocks or shorter for the drop, and hopefully the factory front diff mount wasn't cut off for the lift. Hope this helps man

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Junkyard.... Cut one off a wreck, weld it back in place....pretty easy. Had to do it on one truck here that it'd been removed from. Easier done with the diff held in place by the other two mounts..... Lines up nice then.

giest

MCLMM
May 23, 2011
Fallbrook, CA
Also I am looking at the DJM 3/5 kit. My goal is to have somewhat the same stance as the Silverado SS, will this Kit give me that stance?

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Check with any local offroad shops they may have the crossmember. Also look on norcaltruck.com cognito offers a bolt on bracket for where the differential was cut. Good luck and post pics when it's done. :thumb:

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Yes. These guys have given all the right answers. I'm too late to the party. BUt these are all the things I had to do when I removed the lift from my old truck. Good Luck in your project!!

Stevenmc89

Dec 22, 2012
Enterprise, Al
Stock UCA's. I'd be more that happy to give you mine + cash for the cognito UCA's and shock hoops. I can probably get the diff bracket, brake lines, and some other stuff you need to sweetin the deal if interested

giest

MCLMM
May 23, 2011
Fallbrook, CA
Steven I am more than interested. Like I posted earlier, I am currently out of the country for a few months and would be willing, if you are, to do the trade when I get back.

Stevenmc89

Dec 22, 2012
Enterprise, Al
Sounds good to me. Just don't forget about me and I'll start collecting parts for you. I've got a couple wrecked 2500hds I know about in my area I can get parts off of. Be safe and careful over there bud!

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
The OP may want to consider just a 2" rear drop shackle prior to that much drop. Going from lifted to slightly lowered will be a huge change and he may be happy with a $40 drop shackle setup as opposed to the extra $ and work invested with the bigger drop.

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
stock ucas like brian said. the djm will come with new lca. also it will come with your hangers and shackles for rear. just use the stock leaf pack minus the overload and it should be a good ride. some do leave the overload, its up to u. also get the shock kit for that kit aswell. truck will be a whole nother animal.

giest

MCLMM
May 23, 2011
Fallbrook, CA
Well I am going to have to do the work regardless.

IOT get the drop up front I am going to have to remove all of the RCD/Cognito components and replace the Diff brackets. I am going to have to go as far as dropping the t-bar's. So while I am there I might as well throw on some lower control arms. With the lowering I still want to retain a decent ride quality.

I will have to do alot more that just a 2" rear drop shackle to get anything close to what I am looking for. Like started earlier, I am looking for something close to a Silverado SS stance. Honda Riders truck is pretty much exactly what I am looking for.