the oilfield

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
I have worked for Flint Energy since 2000. The Methane field shut down here for a bit but now its firing back up. Samson and BP both have lots of work to do here in the Farmington NM/Durango CO area.

Luckily, my old man taught me how to shoot grade and work in the civil engineering industry when i was young. I switched companies and now im making Davis Bacon wages on a bridge demo and rebuild. We will probably get shut down in a couple months because of the snow so ill probably go back to Flint here pretty soon.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
What's going on with natural gas here in Texas? We will have 3000 wells shutdown by the end of the month or so here in west central Texas :confused:

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Ya I cant remeber what the name of the company is now but IIRC Varco sold out[/QUOTE]
Yeah, believe its Totco now? havta ask pops.

What's going on with natural gas here in Texas? We will have 3000 wells shutdown by the end of the month or so here in west central Texas :confused:

moving from Tx to Pa.... Had 7 gas wells to be built around the house, but a letter said all were cancelled.... But theres 2 rigs up now, gettin' after it... never can tell with gas/oil biz

MWDHAND

May 10, 2008
Alberta, Canada
National Oil Well bought Varco a while back. They supply killer topdrive to most of the offshore world. They are now known as National Oil Well Varco.

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
Wells are shut in or not being worked on because natural gas is between $2-3 a gigajoule. Hard to make money at that price and the caverns that it is stored in are pretty much full, so no place to put new gas pulled out of the wells.

Builtlngbd

Aug 24, 2009
Work for My dads company..Di-Trol Systems Inc. we are on the instrumentation side of everything and aslo do alot of electrical work aswell. and a bunch of other crap that i dnt feel like typing lol....Everything is slow but were still better off than most other companys:D