The morning Rant... thieves!!

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Woke up this morning at 3:20 am to the honking of some ones alarm so I get up to look out the window... Its MINE! I throw some shoes on and grab my keys and run outside. I get out there not even 1 minute after it went off to see my pass side window is smashed out, glass still crackling and settling and pry marks around my door handle. Now that I am pissed I go running around my condo complex like a mad man looking for someone's ass to kick. Got the cops out there, which actually only took like 3 minutes, nice job Henderson. They made a report of it and they also told me that here in Vegas there has been a spike in Silverado/Sierra vehicles being stolen. Its nice to know that the factory GM alarm went off when the window was smashed out, if it didn't I know my truck would be gone but if they had got it started I would have been running like a Kenyan. Ok I'm done now.

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 69

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
i've had my car broken into before. they took my stereo, cd's, and amp. it was the most anger/frusteration/helpless feeling i've ever had. took the cops over an hour to arrive.
a year later, my friend parked his car in my parking spot for a night, and it got broken into. whoever did it cut themselves on the glass and left blood on the leather seats and some pieces of glass. the cops arrived (an hour later) and just wrote down info and left. he called them again and talked to a sargent. they came back out (another hour later) and took prints, but said they don't take DNA evidence unless its a homicide or suicide. :mad:

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Ya I am kind of shocked they didn't take anything, I had tons of CD's in there along with my big ass rapid hitch and two other sets of keys to misc. stuff.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Mother F**Kers!!!!

This place is getting bad. Wish all those dip shits would stay up on there side of town. My grandpas truck was almost stolen but someone saw them and they booked it, same thing, tried to pop the door handle.

In case anyone doesnt know, on out trucks once you pop that plastic trim, you can get to the lock and un lock the doors very easy. They mak a plate to install to block this. My grandpas truck was stolen once and then attempted a second time a year later. He lives in Summerlin too, WTF.

Justin, let me know if you need any help or to go drink a beer lol, or kill someone if you find them.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Mike, ya that beer sounds good. Do you know who makes those block plates? I'm calling my insurance now to get everything rolling. I might be setting my handy cam up again tonight lol.

nwpadmax

comlpete diphsit
Aug 17, 2006
under my truck
Crap man, that sucks.

It's occurred to me more than a few times to just pop out the ECM fuse or Injector B fuse (for us old fuddy duddy trucks) just to keep it from running? A thief would unlikely spend the time to figure it out.

I guess I'd much rather have a nicked up truck than no truck at all (especially with a bunch of mods that would be hard to get insurance to replace).

???

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I can't stand a-holes like that. Work way to hard for our stuff to have a thief take it!!!:mad::mad:

x2 on not catching them. I used to live in Brockton and it happened to me more times than I care to count, but I did catch them a couple times. First time - I taught that SOB a hell of a lesson (fortunate nothing happend to me).

2nd time - they pulled weapons on me, but fortunately they took off instead of attacking. Having a party a few nights later, "someone" drove by and shot at the house". No truck is worth that. Enter my house however, and all bets are off!!;)

Good luck gettin' her fixed up.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
It sucks right now due to the economy and lack of Jobs, theft has definently increased in my area. I talked to a patrol officer bout it was told even if they catch the thieves prisons are over run right now and more than likely nothing will happen to them:mad::mad:... So I asked about vigilanty justice, response was make sure he cant talk afterwards!! Works for me.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
If it's one thing I hate............it's a theif

My 04' was an extended cab and somebody pryed the window right off the door. It was raining outside and the alrm never went off. They took some ARMY shit I had in the truck. I never keep anything worth any value in my vehicles anymore. You never know when some douch is gonna try and take it. I used to leave my .45 in my truck when I lived on base. I stopped doing that too, took it inside every night.

On my 05' I have an Auto Page 2 way alarm. It works very well and you can adjust the sesativity so if someone touches the window or the door handle, it will go off. Works very well, I like it. You can get lazers or something that will trigger the alarm if som eone try's to get under and steal your cat or anything they take off under the truck also. Not sure how it works exactly but I do not have it. Never had the need for anything that crazy.