Tapshifter

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
I have always wanted this on my lb7. Any more video or news on how it drives? Meaning if I'm in drive can I use it or do I have to be in tow haul? Does it automatically put you in tow haul so the converter is locked?

FPE Jeff

Jan 20, 2010
I have always wanted this on my lb7. Any more video or news on how it drives? Meaning if I'm in drive can I use it or do I have to be in tow haul? Does it automatically put you in tow haul so the converter is locked?

Not sure I completely understand the question, but it works just like the 06+, except for the dash. The dash will highlight D when you are in 5th or 4th, for 03-05 users the ODLO light will illuminate in when 4th gear (or lower) is selected, for 01-02 users an LED will illuminate when 4th gear (or lower) is selected. The dash will highlight 3 when 3rd gear is selected, 2 when 2nd is selected.......

Think of it as manually shifting the lever, but now you can do it with a push of a button rather than having to move the shift lever.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa

The 06+ shifters still have the tow haul button so you can chose whichever you want to use as in tow haul or not plus have the tap shift.