Tablet tuning

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
It is time to get a new device for me to use with my efilive software. I don't need anything special and I really don't want to use or have the need for a full-size laptop anymore. Only program that will be on it is efilive. I would really like to use a tablet such as the Galaxy Tab3 or something similar. Is it possible to communicate with the v2 and truck using a tablet instead of a standard computer?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I'm not sure if the Galaxy can run EFI live but I know the windows surface pro can. Don't quote me but I believe if you can run & used Microsoft excel with it(full version like a computer) then you should be able to fun EFI live.

I hope someone else will chime in and say if I'm right or wrong; just so I know for sure, haha.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Yellowchevy

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
You'll need something running a full version of Windows. Like Russell suggested a Surface Pro tablet would be your best bet. Plus they're pretty sweet, full laptop replacement.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'm gonna pick one of those up as well, my netbook has served me well with EFI but it's clock is ticking and it needs replacement. I too was wondering about a tab for EFI and was considering the surface myself, let me know how it does please...

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Surface pro it is. I just have to decide if I want to wait and brave black Friday crowds or just go ahead and buy it on Amazon.

My old hp had a good run. Over 6 years including almost daily use through college. But it's got a virus and needs a battery. So its just time to retire her

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Anyone have experience with the Asus Transformer Pad? It's quite a bit cheaper, runs a full version of Windows 8.1, has full-size usb and the keyboard has a mouse pad

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Well I didn't end up with a full on tablet. I just couldn't bite off a price tag like the surface pro or Lenovo. I picked up a Dell Inspiron 11 2 in 1. It's a small laptop but it is a full touch screen and folds over 180 degrees to basically become a tablet. Regular price is $499, actually ended up paying just under $350 out the door. So far it is great. Should get the chance to use it quite a bit this week.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
How do you do this Eric?
I could look it up but I'm sure others have the same question, haha

Yellowchevy

Simple, plug your v2 into laptop, open v8 scan and tune. On the left click on the BBX box. should be pretty self explanatory from there. you set up your ecms you can log, and which pids you want. Then choose which ecms/tcms you like to flash as well, then program it all.

The battery in my laptop has been bad for a few months now. I tune EVERYTHING just using the v2 ( i also feel its a lot more stabile) I can also watch pids on trucks or choose to record the log. heck, you can even read tunes out of trucks with it!

If you want to tune a truck with it, transfer a tune read out or log recorded from the v2, you then use EFI LIVE explorer to export the files.