Tablet or Similar Compatible?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Looking for which tablet-style devices are supporting EFI live. I mainly intend to data log thru the V2 with one. What key things am I looking for if i go to staples,etc and buy one, besides a USB port?

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Are you wanting a visual while going down the track? If not you can black box log with the v2 only and review the data later on a pc.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Been logging via V2 for years. Was thinking of using device for visual of RPM, oil pressure, and two external thermocouplers while logging as usual. Thanks.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Anything out of your line of sight does not work very well, I though it my EGT gauge was OK down on the bolster, not so good when driving steep uphill winding roads during the summer and need to check where the the EGT's are. I thought my laptop was in good place, turns out a short trip through the neighborhood and a few industrial parks not so good either...

That moment of looking down is not a good idea, at least for me.....
=
rcpzr8.jpg

=
2rcakxi.jpg

=

Bdirtymax

Feb 5, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
Anything out of your line of sight does not work very well, I though it my EGT gauge was OK down on the bolster, not so good when driving steep uphill winding roads during the summer and need to check where the the EGT's are. I thought my laptop was in good place, turns out a short trip through the neighborhood and a few industrial parks not so good either...

That moment of looking down is not a good idea, at least for me.....
=
rcpzr8.jpg

=
2rcakxi.jpg

=
Where'd you get that laptop stand?

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
looks like he made it. I have been using my surface pro3, with out issue. I'm not sure what other tablet would have a usb port for the V2.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
looks like he made it. I have been using my surface pro3, with out issue. I'm not sure what other tablet would have a usb port for the V2.

If they finally incorporate 4g into the surface tabs I'll be all over it. Otherwise I love my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Do they make a cord for v2 to mini USB? I got a small tablet I'd like to try it on but only had mini USB port

What kind of cable end does a V2 have? I dont own one so I dont know.
Id bet there's an adapter to mini-USB out there for it. Depending on what it is, a cell phone charger adapter might work. ;)

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
What kind of cable end does a V2 have? I dont own one so I dont know.
Id bet there's an adapter to mini-USB out there for it. Depending on what it is, a cell phone charger adapter might work. ;)

This is it. I didn't even think of that. That would work perfect.
3d9253ba6806d304e9f38764fa85d8cc.jpg

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Try startech.com they have some adapters for adding a 4th screen to my video card that were not available when the video card was manufactured 5 years ago. You can call them direct as they have really good customer support, they found the adapter I needed with assurances it would work..
-
xng45c.jpg

=
=

Last edited:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
The one I linked would work if you plug your existing USB-A to USB-B cable into it then into the V2.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk