Switched to the dark side

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I absolutely hate my 2018 F250 work truck. Most uncomfortable and has the worst ergonomics out of any vehicle I have driven. Turning radius sucks(work road construction, it's a big deal) and what ratio the gear box is, is horrbile. Fell like I'm driving a sail boat trying to turn this thing. Would honestly take my 300k mile 2008 2500 Chevy back if they would let me lol. Can't believe people pay money for these things lol. We got a new fleet of them last year and this year, no big issues but a lot of little electronic problems, mainly HVAC issues. Couple have had multiple TPMS sensors go bad with 20k or less miles.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
There not bad trucks. I like there transmissions. Engines are descent. There fast tuned, they are fuel hogs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
after well over 100k miles if it holds up I'll admit I was wrong but in the end I still won't buy one I'm diehard Chevy.
How about this one. Lives in front of a 10k trailer. Trouble free to 400k miles. Between 4 and 500k it had to get a trans and fuel system. Have another customer with just over 400k on his, only a turbo so far. It also lives in front of trailers. Both lost weight after warranty was up. Local CAT dealer runs them for field service trucks. Pretty trouble free weighing in at or over gvwr 24/7. I still love my Duramax' s but 6.7psd beats an lml all day long in my opinion.
I pulled a 25k pound gooseneck all day the other day on my 150hp street race tune. I don't think I'd have been brave enough to push my luck with lml pistons
969a6b40e34a87b876e2acc5f7cf5fe9.jpg
bc06fca861e086a58268ed52f02f888a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
IMG_6496.JPGIMG_6697.JPGIMG_6704.JPG

Over all I like the Truck even when it’s loaded it feels good.

But this is what gm didn’t have that i now like. Push button start, towing package including gooseneck ball and accessories,
Key pad, power steps, and vinyl floors not sure I got them all but I like all that shit. Call me what you want lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6496.JPG
    IMG_6496.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6697.JPG
    IMG_6697.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6704.JPG
    IMG_6704.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 56

LML6600DMAX

Dec 9, 2015
Nice looking truck bust em. I went with a lml instead of 6.7 after I sold my 6.4 mainly because the interiors on the trucks hadn’t changed enough. Felt like I was sitting in the exact same truck I just sold.

I do like my lml but wouldn’t mind having another ford some day.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Nice looking truck bust em. I went with a lml instead of 6.7 after I sold my 6.4 mainly because the interiors on the trucks hadn’t changed enough. Felt like I was sitting in the exact same truck I just sold.

I do like my lml but wouldn’t mind having another ford some day.

Really I had a 14 platinum same color exact Truck actually and I thought they upgraded enough to jump from the old truck.IMG_5702.JPG

This was the old one I got for a steal with 16k on it

Attachments

• IMG_5702.JPG
    IMG_5702.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 46

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
The new 6.7s are are hard to beat. I would only buy a 17 or 18 though at this point. Way better short block, turbo and fuel system then years prior.

I personally think that ford has the upper hand on interiors and have for a while.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Only things I like about the ford is the rear vents that Chevrolet removed for some stupid reason and the upfitter switches even if they are big and ugly. Nice big round wheel wells you can fit 35's in are also nice.

Not sure if ford has heated rear seats yet or not but the above mentioned plus that is all the Chevrolet lacks.

I hate the interior with a passion. Feels cheap and way too much plastic with too many stupid nooks that are hard to clean.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
I don’t understand some of the brand loyalty you guys have. You act like GM gave you a damn truck. You had to pay for your truck and GM doesn’t give a shit about you. Just ask anyone with a 5.3 that’s drinking oil.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I don’t understand some of the brand loyalty you guys have. You act like GM gave you a damn truck. You had to pay for your truck and GM doesn’t give a shit about you. Just ask anyone with a 5.3 that’s drinking oil.

It runs in my family history it has nothing to do with GM

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Its not necessarily brand loyalty, its about justification of all the money spent. They want to convince themselves that they bought the right truck wether it be GM, Ford or whatever. If it ends up with problems, "well all trucks have problems". If the fuel mileage is low, "my last truck was worse". Etc

No one wants to go out and say, "I picked me up a bad truck today and payed way too much, I dont like the styling or quality"

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
It runs in my family history it has nothing to do with GM

Mine too and my dad still drives a gm. I’ve only owned gm my whole life. And 90% of my work fleet is gm. if gm steps up the interior and cab size I’ll got back in a heartbeat. These trucks are the price of small brick homes and it doesn’t matter which brand.

But every time I get in that lbz. Doesn’t matter how much tech and all that I love that truck. Still the most comfortable seats ever.

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida

Found that out when my new 2015 1500 transmission took a crap on me with 588 miles on the odometer. So when my wife wanted something new we ended up getting an f150 for her. So far it's been a solid truck.

The F-250 looks sharp.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Its not necessarily brand loyalty, its about justification of all the money spent. They want to convince themselves that they bought the right truck wether it be GM, Ford or whatever. If it ends up with problems, "well all trucks have problems". If the fuel mileage is low, "my last truck was worse". Etc

No one wants to go out and say, "I picked me up a bad truck today and payed way too much, I dont like the styling or quality"

That is some people's justification but I have 5 Chevy's at my house and some of them are older than you are, so riddle me that

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I work at a ford dealer. I see them come and go all day long.

I see the new lariat and then he platinum roll out. And then we just got a F450 limited in. Sticker price of 94k.

I almost bought a 6.4 back in 2010. Crew cab short bed white lariat. Black leather. Sharp truck!

I don’t really have a brand loyalty. My wife has a 2016 Explorer sport in the garage. When she wanted a SUV I feel we got the most of it money with the explorer over a Acadia.

wyopoke

wyopoke
Dec 3, 2015
wyoming high country
Move to Power Stroke board

You aren't adding anything to this forum move on to Power Stroke board. I have a sorry ass Power Stroke that my Dmax runs circles around, to say nothing of the cost of maintaining the friggin ford