Switch on the fly LML tuning.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Just curious if anyone is running oe of Duramaxtuners new LSP-LML switch on the fly switches. I seen on their FB that they've released them mid Dec. They look just like a dsp5 switch, install also looks about the same. Their tuning is $300 more for switch on the fly tunes and the switch is $40. Any one have more information on these?

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think thats the EZ-Lynk deal, isnt it? Do a search on that term...theres a thread here someplace.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
5 position switches for the lml have been released for a while now. Starlite, gdp, and Kory offer also. Duramax tuner does not offer delete tunes. But I belive the sister company motor ops does.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I thought kory was doing the ezlynk deal? I'm hoping ridgerunner will offer a switchable tunes soon. Right now I don't know if I'm looking to delete it. Just pretty much want a good heavy tow tune but would probably looking into a delete this summer when I do a cp3 swap.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I thought kory was doing the ezlynk deal? I'm hoping ridgerunner will offer a switchable tunes soon. Right now I don't know if I'm looking to delete it. Just pretty much want a good heavy tow tune but would probably looking into a delete this summer when I do a cp3 swap.
Kory is doing both now, he just released his efi switchable tunes a couple weeks ago or so I believe..

And I'm sure Ridgerunner will offer it too some time soon..

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
All they are doing is using the switch resistance to alter what the fuel temp is... which limits mm3.

Right now, the fuel temp table to public release is uneditable in efi live. But by about the next pre release or so it should be out id say.

This is the same thing they are doing with ez link. Altering fuel temp to change mm3 limit.

I thought edge boxes weren't cool because they "fooled" the ecm.... essentially this is doing the same thing....

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
All they are doing is using the switch resistance to alter what the fuel temp is... which limits mm3.

Right now, the fuel temp table to public release is uneditable in efi live. But by about the next pre release or so it should be out id say.

This is the same thing they are doing with ez link. Altering fuel temp to change mm3 limit.

I thought edge boxes weren't cool because they "fooled" the ecm.... essentially this is doing the same thing....

I was curious about this, basically your stuck with one boost/timing table not 5 hopefully i'm wrong but who knows.

There is also the torque tables I think you can basically have a DSP2 with the tow haul button still only changes MM3 no timing/boost but I have not messed with it I only need one tune.

diesel-max

Oct 20, 2011
IN
I was curious about this, basically your stuck with one boost/timing table not 5 hopefully i'm wrong but who knows.

There is also the torque tables I think you can basically have a DSP2 with the tow haul button still only changes MM3 no timing/boost but I have not messed with it I only need one tune.

Correct, you have one table for timing pulse ect... you are just fooling the ecm via what it "sees" for fuel temp. To limit the mm3 fueling limit

That's not real tuning if you ask me. That's no better than a fooling box. ... those were cool around 2003.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Correct, you have one table for timing pulse ect... you are just fooling the ecm via what it "sees" for fuel temp. To limit the mm3 fueling limit

That's not real tuning if you ask me. That's no better than a fooling box. ... those were cool around 2003.

But it's the only option to change overall power delivery on the fly. It's not the same as the old stuff, but is giving people the option to have different power levels. I personally run a single tune, but alot of people are ate up with switchable power settings, and this gives them that.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN

I suppose this might be something I'm purely over looking, I was curious with lml trucks. The fuel temp sensor is removed from the cp4 an zip tied out of the way when cp3 converted. My truck is cp3 converted so I suppose I was thinking if it's changing fuel temp would it not be an option for my truck? Thanks

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
However Kory figured out how to make tuning happen for the LML is irrelevant. GM locked it down...he invested tons of money/time and figured out a way around it. Its the only way it can be done and because of him we now have tuning for the LML. Don't really care how...all that matters is that we can. It can't be "tuned" like the old days thanks to the EPA and people screwing GM on warranty claims. LML went from "cant be tuned" to "can be tuned to 200+HP and shifted on the fly". Anyway...the EZ Lynk is higher priced because of what it provides over the handheld tuners. Instant access to a tuner/technician, instant data logging and transfer to your tuner/technician, tunes instantly accessed through the cloud rather than waiting on a tuner to email a file and then plugging in a laptop, tunes available for every mod that can be done to the truck, TCM tuning available in the same package, automatic updates sent to your phone and loaded to your truck, gauges through your cell phone, and many other features. This is the future of diesel tuning...and I like it. :)

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If "fooling" the ECM is the only way to do it currently on an LML, then thats what you gotta use. Why insult it? Would you rather have nothing? Got to give K props for having the brains to figure out a work-around so people even have this option.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
If "fooling" the ECM is the only way to do it currently on an LML, then thats what you gotta use. Why insult it? Would you rather have nothing? Got to give K props for having the brains to figure out a work-around so people even have this option.

Whats even more amazing to me is that the kid taught himself how to do it just by researching operating systems and ECM hardware. He just flat put in the countless hours and sleepless nights to study, research, invest in the expensive hardware that was required and then teach himself how to read and program basic ASCII and binary code. Went through failure after failure until he figured it out. No formal education in computer programming and he just had a drive and passion to learn it and figure it out. Kory has a bright future ahead of him. When you have that much determination and drive with a no quit attitude that doesn't accept the repeated failures there's only one direction your going and that's a path of success. Ben is the same way. I remember 8 years ago he was just a young college student figuring things out because he had a passion for everything diesel and was sharing his knowledge and info here on the forums. Look at him now. Both those guys are a great asset to the diesel community and have brought us things that everyone said couldn't be done. I sure am glad we have both of them because without them we wouldn't be tuning LML's to 200+hp and shift-on-the-fly. :thumb:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Whats even more amazing to me is that the kid taught himself how to do it just by researching operating systems and ECM hardware. He just flat put in the countless hours and sleepless nights to study, research, invest in the expensive hardware that was required and then teach himself how to read and program basic ASCII and binary code. Went through failure after failure until he figured it out. No formal education in computer programming and he just had a drive and passion to learn it and figure it out. Kory has a bright future ahead of him. When you have that much determination and drive with a no quit attitude that doesn't accept the repeated failures there's only one direction your going and that's a path of success. Ben is the same way. I remember 8 years ago he was just a young college student figuring things out because he had a passion for everything diesel and was sharing his knowledge and info here on the forums. Look at him now. Both those guys are a great asset to the diesel community and have brought us things that everyone said couldn't be done. I sure am glad we have both of them. :thumb:

A-men!!!! What gets me is there are people out there who are ticked off that K wont share how to tune an LML or how to do deletes. Why?
They dont realize the hours and cubic-$$ involved just to pull the basic tunes out of the ecm. You dont give something like that away for free that took that much effort to get in the first place.
The creativeness we used to have here is missing now. We've got to figure out how to get back to that.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
A-men!!!! What gets me is there are people out there who are ticked off that K wont share how to tune an LML or how to do deletes. Why?
They dont realize the hours and cubic-$$ involved just to pull the basic tunes out of the ecm. You dont give something like that away for free that took that much effort to get in the first place.
The creativeness we used to have here is missing now. We've got to figure out how to get back to that.

My understanding was that the hardware required just to be able to "see" the tune files cost over $10K alone. He invested in equipment and time that no one else would. Its now his livelihood. Yeah...not giving it away for free and destroying his business and hard work. His children and grand-children will thank him for that. Amazing that folks want something for nothing and rip off everyone elses hard work. Oh wait...this is what Obama has bred into our nation now. Everyone is equal and the hard work should be shared with the lazy asses who don't want to lift a finger or make any effort. When you punish those who are creative and resourceful and make their work and efforts as if its free to the world that's when innovation stops. Guys like Kory and Ben SHOULD be paid for that they've unlocked and accomplished. They should reap the rewards and eat the fruit of their labor.

diesel-max

Oct 20, 2011
IN

Sorry to bump the butt hurt button on you.
It was merely stating how it worked. :thumb: