Super Chevy March 28-30 - AutoClub Speedway - Fontana, CA

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Rain ? We didn't have any 10 miles away.

They must be running now though.

Chris takes the first round in the Henry J :hail2: Tree'd the guy for the win :fluffy:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
yea it rained for a few hrs this morning :mad: but it cleared up and racing comenced well after a long weekend and a slow start we where finally able to get some more respectibal numbers We started out the weekend on fri running constant 13.1 - 13.03 and ended the week today with a last run of the day at 12.62 at 107.47 mph there is still alot left in it and the adition of a lift pump to keep up rail presure a little more will get it going even faster :D

I would like to thank Pat Johhny,jason,ralph For staying up late fri night to track down a huge boost leak we had. pat for the loan of the shop and tools and help with diagnosing the problem. Dan from ppe for getting us some parts last min. and Chris For leting us pit by him this weekend providing some good driving tips and Hospitality:D Over all this weeknd was sucesfull and was alot fo fun and cant wait for the next time.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
yea it rained for a few hrs this morning :mad: but it cleared up and racing comenced well after a long weekend and a slow start we where finally able to get some more respectibal numbers We started out the weekend on fri running constant 13.1 - 13.03 and ended the week today with a last run of the day at 12.62 at 107.47 mph there is still alot left in it and the adition of a lift pump to keep up rail presure a little more will get it going even faster :D

I would like to thank Pat Johhny,jason,ralph For staying up late fri night to track down a huge boost leak we had. pat for the loan of the shop and tools and help with diagnosing the problem. Dan from ppe for getting us some parts last min. and Chris For leting us pit by him this weekend providing some good driving tips and Hospitality:D Over all this weeknd was sucesfull and was alot fo fun and cant wait for the next time.

Congrats :rockon:

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Man we are sooooooooooooooooo slow.... We had fun, but we were agonizingly slow. We left in spite of the rain, only to get there and find it raining. It eventually cleared up. We teched, but we didn't have an in date helmet. So the guy said we couldn't run fast than 14.00, so my dad dialed in 14.00, and of coarse broke out by about a second. In the staging lanes, the guys in cars were like,"That thing can run 14's?!?!?," and dad was like, hopefully. Best time was a very embarrasing [email protected] :eek:: Luckily we are getting head studs on tuesday, and eventually a tranny tune, so hopefully we can get back into the 12s :rofl:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Man we are sooooooooooooooooo slow.... We had fun, but we were agonizingly slow. We left in spite of the rain, only to get there and find it raining. It eventually cleared up. We teched, but we didn't have an in date helmet. So the guy said we couldn't run fast than 14.00, so my dad dialed in 14.00, and of coarse broke out by about a second. In the staging lanes, the guys in cars were like,"That thing can run 14's?!?!?," and dad was like, hopefully. Best time was a very embarrasing [email protected] :eek:: Luckily we are getting head studs on tuesday, and eventually a tranny tune, so hopefully we can get back into the 12s :rofl:

Good to hear you have new things in the works for the truck! :)

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

Do you think that head studs will be enough for repair? hasn't it been leaking for a while?

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
The Super Chevy Show was Awesome as usual and nice to see the Neens car . And Chris .

Hella Nice Ride the Henry J , very clean and crisp sounding too .

Made it out Fri , Sat but didnt go out Sun . Was a little deaf from the turbo car that kept running it in the pits and popping ear drums . POP POP POP

Good Job to the LMM's that were out . Mike , Tommy ... great showing .

And a fun dinner after :food:. When Tommy and I finally got there after 10 U-Turns .

Old sleepy head couldnt remember Ralphs direction for more than 30 seconds.

Had a great time .

:rofl: And then there is always our club mascot that made dinner and the day so fun .... wouldnt be the same with out Kyle .

He always seems to get this though , :poop:

Thanks for the 50 to cruise all day Kyle .

Was great to see Mike MMLMM . Truck runs good and he's very consistant at the lights .

Congrats Tommy on the 12.62 . The long night Friday or I guess Saturday morning payed off . The rope trick worked well . I was ready to take the laces out of my boots next . Thank Pat for letting us get the trouble solved at your shop . Did the trick . Your hospitality made it possible to get the LMM into the 12's .

Thanks Again Johnny

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
It is leaking out the overflow, which points to head studs.

Yes, I understand, but was wondering how the heads looked since it has been leaking for a while and overheating. I have seen some heads that have been damaged before because water/coolant

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Ehhhhh.... didn't think of that, I am now desparately hoping that isn't the case, because at that point, you might as well go through the motor, and we don't have that money right now.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Chris takes the first round in the Henry J :hail2: Tree'd the guy for the win :fluffy:

And then Chris went red by .014 in round 2 to hand over the win to a car that broke out :eek:

We'll be back at Fontana for the NHRA Heritage series race on April 18-20...