LB7: Stupid vibrations!

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Hey guys about a year or so ago I noticed my truck started getting a weird vibration right around 70mph but only under a load, it seems to do it when accelerating somewhat hard but it comes and goes fast until you hit 70mph, then it will stay till about 78 or so. Its only under a load and the more the load the louder/worse the vibration is :confused: so far I've had my trans and transfer case rebuilt, new tires and alignment, changed all the fluids and changed the u-joints and even tried a whole nother drive shaft as well as removing the from and it still does it!!! anyone have any ideas??

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
i thought you figired this out...do you have the two piece drive shaft is so check the hanger bearing

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Well I've replaced 1 wheel bearing, and checked them recently and they seemed ok, the ball joints I'm not positive but the boots are still good and everything. Would those parts have something to do with it even when its only under a load? I wondered if it could be a motor mount or something?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well I've replaced 1 wheel bearing, and checked them recently and they seemed ok, the ball joints I'm not positive but the boots are still good and everything. Would those parts have something to do with it even when its only under a load? I wondered if it could be a motor mount or something?

Instead of speculating why don't you just check said items? Any my wheel bearings only squealed at speed as well. Not under load but at speed.

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
I checked the wheel bearings a week ago, ill check the other in the morning. I can be going down a hill at 70mph coasting and its smooth and quiet, I roll into it and it starts to vibrate. My wheel bearing made noise all the time it seemed like

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I checked the wheel bearings a week ago, ill check the other in the morning. I can be going down a hill at 70mph coasting and its smooth and quiet, I roll into it and it starts to vibrate. My wheel bearing made noise all the time it seemed like

Check the motor mounts and log some simple stuff like rail pressure (desired and actual) and report back

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
well ive been having problems logging my truck but I have a log from a couple weeks ago. motor mounts seem to look ok to me, but I did just notice my fan has a cracked blade... I'll be changing that ASAP! maybe its the culprit who knows but how do I post my log in here? do I need to zip it? then what? :eek:

*edit* I got it I think :thumb:

Attachments

• 9-18-10 log.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 1
  • race tune #1.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
well I had to pull our enclosed with a rail in it to the dunes last weekend and it was pretty bad! Seems like the worse the load (heavy trailer and hills) the sooner the vibration starts and the worse it is. With the trailer on it was starting the vibration around 65mph instead of 70 or so. I'm not positive if those logs will show the right info, if not just hollar, I really want to get this stupid thing figured out!! :(