Street tire pressure for Nitto 420s: poor wear

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Says the guy running the most ridiculous wheel/tire setup I've ever seen on here

When theses 420's are toast I think my cosmetic days are over. Gonna go back to 17's like my LLY had. No scrub and rub, tires were cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
The math says it should be about 36 psi front and 20 rear but that is based of of a guess on what your truck weights

Tire weight rating at 50 psi = 3086. That is 61.72 lbs of weight capacity per every psi in the tire

Front 4500 lbs?

61.72 x two tires = 123.44 lbs

4500 / 123.44 = 36.45 psi

Rear 2500 lbs?

2500 / 123.44 = 20.25 psi

I use this method on my truck and it worked. Of course run the math with your trucks actual weight

It is a little soft so you may want to bump it up a little

Also you can chalk the tires and see what psi works for even wear too

Wow... never tried that low before. below around 38psi fronts start to balloon and turning gets spongy. 20psi rear sounds insane, but I'll chalk em up and see what happens...

08liftedHD

Jan 5, 2012
At the end of the day what more use are 420's? When your tires have only as many layers as Charmin Ultra your pushing practicality out the door....should spent the money on the G2's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G2's are a nice tire, had the terrain and mud grapplers from Nitto, which wore fast on a lifted truck. G2's are almost double the $$ of the 420s.

Also think the stupid lightning bolts on the sides of the G2 are silly looking, and kinda looking for more street/track grip. I live in SoCal... no rain, no offroading anymore.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
G2's are a nice tire, had the terrain and mud grapplers from Nitto, which wore fast on a lifted truck. G2's are almost double the $$ of the 420s.

Also think the stupid lightning bolts on the sides of the G2 are silly looking, and kinda looking for more street/track grip. I live in SoCal... no rain, no offroading anymore.

For a 305/50/20 at only 140 a tire I wont buy anything else they don't last as long as other tires but offer great traction and they are cheap.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO

I had a set of Nitto MT's and almost turned them in for warranty because I was slightly salty about the 35K mileage I got out of them. The only reason I wish I got the G2's is for towing, my LMM's mud days are over she's earned her stripes but you don't have to question they're capability like a 420. If my wife had her way we would pack up our business and move to Anaheim where she was raised.