Street Outlaws vs Fast & Loud the Mega Race

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Anyone been watching this? I got hooked and watch it all the time. Does anyone really believe that Big Chief and his crew could actually build a 4 sec 1/8 mile drag car in 8 days then haul it all the way to LA to boot? Trying to figure out where they are going with this, and why all the way to Fontana? Turned out to not be much of a race after all the buildup. I'm betting Chief uses this new car as his street car since he mentioned that he isn't going to race the "Crowmod" on the street anymore?

Hate myself for getting so friggin hooked on this show. :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i feel like Fast and Loud lost alot of his unique "soul" when Aaron left. aaron had all the creativity in the builds, richard just became money hungry.

that said, i was pretty happy when Chief walked their asses down the drags.

i can see them building it in 8 days. they most likely took most of the build time getting the parts they needed. then it was a matter of slapping it together. it really was a recreation of his old car after all.

as far as racing on the street, there was a big issue with NHRA and cheif "street racing". they would not let jason race NHRA if he continued to race on the street and i know he has really gotten into the racing circuit more now. im assuming they eitehr worked something out since its not really street racing or he really isnt going to race on the show anymore. guess we will see! cant see him not racing on the show though

but yeah Ken, im hooked on both shows lol

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I don't know when the Mega Race shows were filmed, but I do know he revealed the new car at the PRI show in December. It IS going to be his new street racing car. They are doing away with pro-mods on the street and at all the no-prep races, which has become the new thing to do it seems like. All that will come to light in this season of the show. I think Fontana was a Discovery thing having something to do with the weather or something.

I had an opportunity to go to a list race this Saturday night but was already committed to help my buddy with his midget at a POWRi national race instead.:(

Last edited:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
The car was already built and a proven chassis.., they threw the old parts, door and a new front clip on it to make it look like the old crow body. They didn't have to do much.. when we raced the Armageddon event in OKC last season, Promods won the event under "street car" rules. People weren't happy, and the no promod rule started being enforced.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I just listened to their latest podcast from last week this evening. They both had 105 days from when they agreed on the rules to complete their cars and for Richard to have been able to get his license to drive the car. That's why Chief was so pissed.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I enjoy watching the Midwest guys, gas monkey not so much.

I think Richard was disappointed when Jason didn't shake his hand after the race :roflmao:

Word on the bookface is that the crowmod is getting a different engine for nhra racing.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I'm surprised AZN has any limbs left after that nitrous chair stunt

That was some serous rotational G's. :thumb:

Glad to see the Midwest crew win, but the deal with Richard seemed pretty rude. Especially knowing that no track is gonna let him make a full pass without a NHRA license.. So what's the point? Should have taken his money and shook his hand.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I think old Gas Monkey garage is gonna go down hill fast with out Aaron there now.

I seen the episode with the rules also. Richard didn't follow the rules they had set at all. But honestly I don't really care who they'd have put in their car I still think Big Chief old multi colored car would have took him either way..

I think big che if wouldnot be near as good without the old Pennsylvania man helping him. Jeff Lutz is impressive with his drag week wins and fabrication background.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
The new crow is one bad mother. I feel bad for the GMG guys that have to work for Richard. I never liked him before and now I can't stand him. On their newest podcast Shawn said RR was yelling at the production crews and flipping out about how bad he's going to look.

If you like the show on TV you need to be listening to the Chief and Shawn show.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
love both shows! However gas monkey wont be the same without Aaron he was the brains of that shop. Im hoping he gets his own show tho. I also mainly watch street outlaws for Asian and Farmtruck they make the show worth watching.

As for the "street racing" I've been out with my boyfriend here in MN and the show isn't real street racing. Real street racing doesn't involve lights with generators set up haha

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
As for the "street racing" I've been out with my boyfriend here in MN and the show isn't real street racing. Real street racing doesn't involve lights with generators set up haha

The guys have made it pretty clear they are on closed roads with security for race nights. No way Discovery would let it happen otherwise. That being said its all real once the arms drop.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
The guys have made it pretty clear they are on closed roads with security for race nights. No way Discovery would let it happen otherwise. That being said its all real once the arms drop.

yes I agree just don't like that they call themselves "street racers". Even tho technically they race on the "street" for the show. If you cant daily It or at least drive on a regular basis. I wouldn't consider it a street car. Just my opinion

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Wish they would just show the technical and racing portions and avoid all the tv created drama, could probably slice it down to 20min show give 10min for adverts

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yes I agree just don't like that they call themselves "street racers". Even tho technically they race on the "street" for the show. If you cant daily It or at least drive on a regular basis. I wouldn't consider it a street car. Just my opinion

oh they are real street racers. they didnt just drop from track racing to do this show :roflmao:. Just because discovery didnt cover it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. there are plenty of vids floating around of them boys doing real street racing.

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Hi my name is John. I am addicted to Street Outlaws. I know it prevents me from spending quality time with my wife watching Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars. But hey what can I say I am a red blooded gasoline sniffing American male.

I was really pulling for chief to stomp Richard. I am glad he handed it to him. I dont watch Gas Monkey often but do like to watch SO.

I also agree there isn't much "street" racing going on with promods. I would like to see the cars driven to the site, raced then driven home. Real cars not fabricated race cars. Just my $0.02