stolen EFILive V2

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
My truck was broke into last night and my EFILive V2 was stolen. Can the serial number on the flash scan be used to deny any further licenses to the cable?

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
I use V2 to lock tunes and create passwords. What if it be stolen or breaks, can new V2 create opening keys when old V2´s serial number is available?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I called Guy at SoCal diesel and he took care of it. I am not sure where the unit was originally purchased as I was the second owner.

As soon as I can get a check from insurance then i'll be ordering a new one. SOB's cleaned me out sunday night, took a lot of personal items including tools and guns. (I was out of town over the weekend and when I came home I didn't feel like taking everything out of the truck before going to bed)

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
I called Guy at SoCal diesel and he took care of it. I am not sure where the unit was originally purchased as I was the second owner.

As soon as I can get a check from insurance then i'll be ordering a new one. SOB's cleaned me out sunday night, took a lot of personal items including tools and guns. (I was out of town over the weekend and when I came home I didn't feel like taking everything out of the truck before going to bed)

that's one of the worst feelings i've ever had...walking out to your vehicle and seeing the door open. :angry4::cussing::villagers::box:

i got another one too...my friend's car was broken into about a year later when it was parked in the same spot mine was when it got broken into. the guy apparently cut himself, as there was blood on the glass. we pointed that out to the cops, who said, "we only take DNA evidence for homocides and suicides." idiots!!

Last edited:
I use V2 to lock tunes and create passwords. What if it be stolen or breaks, can new V2 create opening keys when old V2´s serial number is available?

Not sure what you mean by 'create passwords'.
As for locking the ECM's, we can make a new V2 duplicate your old one so the unlock keys will work. Just make sure you keep a record of your serial number (it's on that blue card in the box).
There is also a file kept on your computer (locks.ini) that is updated with the encrypted lock codes whever you lock an ECM. Worst case (you lost your V2 and serial number info) we can tell you what the key values were for each ECM you locked. You can view this file in a text editor, but the values are all encrypted, they are not the real key values.

Cheers
Cindy

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Cindy, what if we have multiple steams on a V2 and something like this happens? I've been very careful on not leaving it in the truck, but things do happen.

Thanks,

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

Cindy, what if we have multiple steams on a V2 and something like this happens? I've been very careful on not leaving it in the truck, but things do happen.

Thanks,

The pcm locks.ini file stores the ecm serial number, seed key and locking key which is encrypted.

Paul can decipher the encryption based on the ini file.

I stopped using the cable key locking feature and now use my own keys for locking ecms down and found that either method will store a record in the pcmlocks.ini file.

I also use www.carbonite.com to back up my tune files and the locking text file so I do not worry about the records or a laptop crash/failure.

Good Luck,

Hope you get everything replaced.

;)

Last edited:
Rob,

We can prevent the unit from purchasing additional licenses/streams but can't disable a stream on a stolen V2. You need to make sure it's insured just like any of your other tools.

Tony is right with the locking as long as your computer doesn't get stolen at the same time.

Cheers
Cindy