Fuel system: 12649741
Engine diagnostic:12655917
Engine Operation:12655910

Thanks

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Some vendors sell them. Tony at ridgerunner has them. Nobody is going to give one away if that's what you are looking for.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
That's one I don't have. I only have 2 2012 2500hd tune files, and neither one has the right system segment.

I found a 3500 file with the correct system segment, so I now have your file.

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Stock LML cals for 2012. Is dealer not an option?

The dealer can flash the ecm, but that does no good for somebody wanting the cal to modify it since the lml cannot be read via tge obd2 port. You have to obtain the tune files directly from the ecm's internal data port after you install a jumper to activate data transmission. Lml tune files are not easy to just get like prior generations were.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The dealer can flash the ecm, but that does no good for somebody wanting the cal to modify it since the lml cannot be read via tge obd2 port. You have to obtain the tune files directly from the ecm's internal data port after you install a jumper to activate data transmission. Lml tune files are not easy to just get like prior generations were.

Ferman, do elaborate the highlighted above....

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
Ferman, do elaborate the highlighted above....

The LML ECM is locked down by GM. Software cannot "read" the tune files. Only way to do it is to make a direct jumper onto the ECM circuit board with the proper equipment to even be able to "see" it. Even then a lot of the files and tables that would normally be used for modifying are not able to be seen. Kory at PPEI figured out how to "trick" the ECM into seeing what he wanted it to see. I don't know the exact details so please forgive my dumbed down version. This is why Kory at PPEI and EZ Lynk are making a killing now because he was the one that figured out how to do it and be able to "trick" tune it. Its still a far cry from being able to plug in with EFI Live and see/manipulate all the tables but at least now it can moderately tuned. This is why the OP will not get a stock tune file handed to him. Kory and many other invested a massive amount of time, money and equipment to be able to get their hands on the stock LML tune so they aren't going to give it away and ruin their business.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area

Oh got it. I thought the guy just wanted to flash his truck back to stock. My misinterpretation.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The LML ECM is locked down by GM. Software cannot "read" the tune files. Only way to do it is to make a direct jumper onto the ECM circuit board with the proper equipment to even be able to "see" it. Even then a lot of the files and tables that would normally be used for modifying are not able to be seen. Kory at PPEI figured out how to "trick" the ECM into seeing what he wanted it to see. I don't know the exact details so please forgive my dumbed down version. This is why Kory at PPEI and EZ Lynk are making a killing now because he was the one that figured out how to do it and be able to "trick" tune it. Its still a far cry from being able to plug in with EFI Live and see/manipulate all the tables but at least now it can moderately tuned. This is why the OP will not get a stock tune file handed to him. Kory and many other invested a massive amount of time, money and equipment to be able to get their hands on the stock LML tune so they aren't going to give it away and ruin their business.

The tune file can be fully read out from the internal data port, it's not something that just Kory figured out. What he did do was figure out a way to set fueling limits inside the ecm via an existing input so as to give different max power levels. And what he did was discussed on the efilive forum a year or 2 before he and ez link came out with it. How it's being done can all be found on the efilive forum, as well as the reason why efilive will not directly support it. I'm not trying to downplay what Kory has done, but your post made it out like he's the only one that can do it which is 100% false as these same basic ECM's had been cracked, read, and modified oversees I believe before he even started doing tuning. Efilive had tune files and made basic software to modify it for others oversees long before they released it for there own software.

As to the tune file, I have it, and offerred to send it to him for free. Most of the tune files for up to early 15's were posted on 4shared about 2 years ago. Several of us downloaded them, and are willing to pass them along for free.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
The tune file can be fully read out from the internal data port, it's not something that just Kory figured out. What he did do was figure out a way to set fueling limits inside the ecm via an existing input so as to give different max power levels. And what he did was discussed on the efilive forum a year or 2 before he and ez link came out with it. How it's being done can all be found on the efilive forum, as well as the reason why efilive will not directly support it. I'm not trying to downplay what Kory has done, but your post made it out like he's the only one that can do it which is 100% false as these same basic ECM's had been cracked, read, and modified oversees I believe before he even started doing tuning. Efilive had tune files and made basic software to modify it for others oversees long before they released it for there own software.

As to the tune file, I have it, and offerred to send it to him for free. Most of the tune files for up to early 15's were posted on 4shared about 2 years ago. Several of us downloaded them, and are willing to pass them along for free.

Ok...maybe I've been misunderstanding everything. I know Kory isn't the only one that can do it, he just seems to be the only one that did and then others followed behind. Wasn't aware that it was already cracked. Wasn't aware that some of you had the files either.

whozzat

Jan 26, 2017
I too found the ones on 4shared, but I'm not sure which segments must match. I tried to PM the THEFERMANATOR with my email but I may need more posts before I can PM someone.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Last edited:
Reactions: S.Asad

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok...maybe I've been misunderstanding everything. I know Kory isn't the only one that can do it, he just seems to be the only one that did and then others followed behind. Wasn't aware that it was already cracked. Wasn't aware that some of you had the files either.

There were a few people back then who hacked into the HEX code and were pulling tables out needed to make the LML really shine (well, atleast better than it was). Kory just capitalized on it and became a front runner with his tuning for the LML. he certainly pioneered things for the LML though so im by no means taking that from him. a good buddy of mine was playing with LML HEX at the same time Kory was. right now hes building his own setup for flashing tunes and scanning data. Hes all self taught and just a genius on this stuff lol

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So a year later is this still the norm? If you want a stock file you need to buy it or is there a library somewhere now that I don't know about?
I got all my cal history p/n off of TIS so I know what I need.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
1GC1KWE83GF269486

Boot - 12664192
OS - 12669774
Engine - 12660135
Speedometer - 12660409
System - 12660404
Fuel System - 12660397

Attached is the last two segments. I’m assuming one would use the new cal which has the higher p/n.
9deeba6a2d127665140646830afdfa11.jpg

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
So a year later is this still the norm? If you want a stock file you need to buy it or is there a library somewhere now that I don't know about?
I got all my cal history p/n off of TIS so I know what I need.

Page 1, post #14 is all the files I got from 4shared and others online. They only go up to early 15 with the Allison TCM, nothing with the T87 TCM.