Stock 2002 LB7 ZF6 tune

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
I am looking for a stock 02 LB7 ZF6 tune. My truck came with a tune in it and I am fighting some throttle sensitivity issues so I would like to throw a stock tune in and see what it drives like.

I have made many changes to the tunes and haven't found one I really liked, unless I change the throttle based fuel table to very low fuel quantity up until about 40% pedal position.

I think starting with a new stock tune may be the way to go.

Thanks!

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
Thanks! I don't see an 02 Manual listed on there, but I'm pulling up my tune to see what ECM I have and if it is the same as the 01.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Yours has rev limiter and EGR tables. mine doesn't.

EGR didn't start until 02, so no 01 OS has them in them that I have seen. But all 02+ OS have the tables even if they don't use them. I prefer the 02 OS over any 01. Since I don't have to worry about the pesky change engine oil message from flashing back and forth, I have. ANd I can say with certainty that the 6006 is better than any 01 or earlier 02 OS I have tried. I used the same basic tune in MANY different OS, and the 6006 won hands down with driveability and clean power. The 01 OS's would randomnly spew out black smoke while getting into the power, and just weren't as smooth at slow speeds.

Take it for what it's worth, but every 01 and 02 I do gets a 6006 OS in them. I have had nothing but compliments on how much better they drive.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
EGR didn't start until 02, so no 01 OS has them in them that I have seen. But all 02+ OS have the tables even if they don't use them. I prefer the 02 OS over any 01. Since I don't have to worry about the pesky change engine oil message from flashing back and forth, I have. ANd I can say with certainty that the 6006 is better than any 01 or earlier 02 OS I have tried. I used the same basic tune in MANY different OS, and the 6006 won hands down with driveability and clean power. The 01 OS's would randomnly spew out black smoke while getting into the power, and just weren't as smooth at slow speeds.

Take it for what it's worth, but every 01 and 02 I do gets a 6006 OS in them. I have had nothing but compliments on how much better they drive.

You and me both!

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Im not tuning it I just have it. its still running around stock. and yeah 01's were a little different then anything else. I sure like the 01 Ally tune though.

nah, im saying who ever is tuning it... just sent the fuel cut where they want to taper off in a limiter and disable egr if needed. This OS has worked really well, its one i use as a base daily.

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
When I used this OS, my hvac switch stopped working. Wouldn't switch between defrost and vents, and AC was stuck on. Also my 4wd light won't work. I flashed my old setup back in and everything is working right again. Any ideas?