Starts then dies immediately

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
Have 2004 lb7 that I just rebuilt the engine on and just installed. I power washed the engine after the install and drove it about 15 miles. Cleared old faults after the test drive and restarted a few times fine. 2 hours later went to start the truck and it will start and immediately die. No engine faults, building around 7000psi rail when it starts, truck has a Fass pump. I have checked the bale connectors and ficm connectors, unhooked batteries, nothing helps. Security light is on all the time, it was on before I pulled the engine. The bcm code is B2948 security system sensor circuit voltage high- from what I have read this will not keep it from starting. Any suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
Yes I tried one today. Same thing starts for a second and dies. Unplugged rail sensor and regulator one at a time, no difference.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Sounds like the bcm and ecm aren't communicating. Do you efi live? Can reflash the truck with the vats of.

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
I do have efi live. Have never messed with vats on it though. Do you know which parameters I need to change? Thanks

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Derail but will that completely disable passlock?

Mine gave me hell when my radio adapter went out and it took a while to figure it out. Plus when I swapped emcs I got the passlock light too.

Just curious if I could get rid of this god awful thing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
Truck had a ppe tuner on it, I reflashed it and turned off the security option. Fired right up. Thanks for the advice.