LBZ: Starts and runs 3 seconds

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Ok the lbz will start, run 3 seconds then die. The dash isn't coming on like it should either. Gauges aren't on and the odometer isn't comIng on when it starts. It acts like its in acc when it's running. Any ideas? I've pulled fuses and relays and its sittin at a gas station right now.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Ok the lbz will start, run 3 seconds then die. The dash isn't coming on like it should either. Gauges aren't on and the odometer isn't comIng on when it starts. It acts like its in acc when it's running. Any ideas? I've pulled fuses and relays and its sittin at a gas station right now.

My LBZ does that sometimes with the remote start. The start and run for 3 seconds I was told was due to the VATS system. The truck starts and the ECM tries to handshake with the BCM and when it doesn't the truck shuts off. When mine does it the dash lights come on though (with the VATS light illuminated). I usually disconnect the batteries for 15 min and restart.

It sounds like yours is a little different, but hope this may help...

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Well I went back to check it out and it started right up no problems. I dunno what it is. When I get time I'll go over stuff.

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Ed that is exactly it.

Jc I'll have to look into that. I've also got another thing in mind that I'm gonna look at when it rains!:roflmao:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Well I went back to check it out and it started right up no problems. I dunno what it is. When I get time I'll go over stuff.

FYI, mine would do the same thing if I let it sit. I pulled the battery cables if I was in a hurry and needed it to start and run, but there were times where I just walked away and said F-it and when I came back a few hours later it would start and run fine (sometimes for many months before another hiccup).