Stacking a chip with EFILive

Oct 25, 2011
Valdosta, GA
I'm pretty new to this diesel thing and I have a fairly simple question. Is it possible to stack chips with EFILive? I've known many guys who stacked chips or had EFILive but I recently found an article that stated it was possible to do both... Anyone have any experience with this or know if its worth it? I have EFILive with a DSP5 but I was looking to get a little more out of the truck.

Here is the article with the info...
http://parleysdieselperformance.wordpress.com/category/efi-live/

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Oh boy... Short answer is yes, but why would you? Efi offers so much more that a box tuner can't. Sounds like you need to purchase some stouter tunes if your looking for more power.

Do you have anything else done to the truck to support extra power?

Oct 25, 2011
Valdosta, GA
HAHAHAHA Oh I know EFILive would be more than glad to do that. My top tune is a bit risky as is from what I understand. Trans build is next on the list. Then I'm gonna try and put the work to get some more power. I was mainly curious about the possibilities. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of work to even support what I have. The 110whp tune seems like it could be a problem. Any suggestions from y'all on what I can do for now until I get the several grand to build the trans?

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Yes but for how long will it last.

You will have to much timing.

Also NO chips for the Dmax only Box tuners, Canned Tuners, and Software Tuners.

Chips are so 1999...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
HAHAHAHA Oh I know EFILive would be more than glad to do that. My top tune is a bit risky as is from what I understand. Trans build is next on the list. Then I'm gonna try and put the work to get some more power. I was mainly curious about the possibilities. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of work to even support what I have. The 110whp tune seems like it could be a problem. Any suggestions from y'all on what I can do for now until I get the several grand to build the trans?

You really need to leave the power alone until you have the money to build the trans. After the trans, a lift pump, some gauges, a hot tune and your in the 500hp range...

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
If you are new to the scene, then enjoy the truck and the tunes you have. Save your money for the trans then you can proceed to get more power.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
All very sound advice,If your looking to do something in the meantime,get that lift pump on its very hard on your cp3 to keep running dry and if you bought it used and it never had 1................yeah,thats the 1st thing i would do

Oct 25, 2011
Valdosta, GA
Anyone have a good suggestion on where to get an airdog II? Prices seem to be all over the place online. I'm on a budget (arent we all?) so I'm not trying to blow money needlessly.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Stacking something else with EFI? Why?

All you have to do is get a good set of DSP5 tunes from a reputable tuner and thats it. There's no need for stacking programmers/boxes any more.

Oct 25, 2011
Valdosta, GA
i would just get a raptor but id rather do it right the first time. and i know me... i say i want 500 whp now, and then once i get that i will just hunger for more and more. major problem is gonna be the 2wd though. i dont want to make it a quarter mile truck. really its gonna be a highway cruiser and in town fast truck. we have a bunch of back roads down here... :)