Speedo broke?

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
Going down the highway and looked down at speedo to see it buried at 120mph. It just stays there at idle also. Any ideas? Everything else seems fine. Did a search to only find probs with whole cluster.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
It's probably your Speedo stepper motor. They're cheap little motors that solder into the cluster circuit board. I replaced the tach and oil pressure steppers in my 05.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
That's what I am finding from further search. E bay supposed to have em cheap to do urself or you have to send the whole cluster out for repair.

LoadednLong

Jan 10, 2014
St. Louis
I Don't Work For This Outfit

I bought a set of steppers and replaced all the non-working gauges. All the new steppers went in well, and the speedo stepper had been replaced previously and was already working, but the solder was so bad looking I attempted to clean up the joints ------ and proceeded to booger everything up so bad it not only did NOT work but was guaranteed to NEVER work again.

Admitting defeat I sent it off to Dr. Speedometer. Fred there did a great job with repair, including salvaging the speedo operation. Still shows my nice low 102,XXX, and the PRNDL light works now. Not cheap, but I get the feeling with the quality of the work he did that I can get along with my life. HTH