LBZ: Snow MPG-MAX controller location on your truck?

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
This controllers wiring harness is huge and comes out the side. Where am I supposed to mount this thing ???
I went with the 2 1/2 gal to mount in my toolbox out of the way/ hid (dang 7 gal filler neck was 1in too tall to fit :mad:). These instructions blow big time and so does the lack of mounting hardware for the solenoids and this shitty boost tap deal. Never before have "read through all instructions prior to install" been more true.
As for the nozzles I guess I'try to drill and tap my EGR delete, I think it's thick enough material. If not I ordered some bungs but of course I have to modify them before install so the spray pattern won't be interrupted. Kicking myself now for not having them put a few extra bungs in when I bought it.
I bought a case of the boost juice for starters. I really hope this thing does what it says it will. I've tried everything to gain mileage and am still at 16.3 avg :mad:. Hopefully it'll lower my egt's a little too. If it fails at that maybe it and the electric fans will get me to 600hp at least a couple times before it lets go :( .

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Also, what are the switches rated at in the so-cal gauge mounts ? I want to use one of those instead of adding another switch to the cab.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Here's where I mounted mine. Next to my turbo timer. Had to do some major trimming to the plastic radio adapter piece but I never had use for that stupid storage hole it always creates with an aftermarket radio. The wiring harness and boost/EGT wiring still ran under the dash easily. I just used a cheap little toggle switch and a relay to turn everything on and off.

00F61387.jpg

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Beats me I bought my kit used and it didn't come with the boost fittings. Just the small rubber hose coming out of the module. I just bought a small vacuum 'T' and spliced it into the boost reference line for my pillar gauge. Simple, easy, and not another damn hose to run through the firewall.