slow to get moving after long sit

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Went to move the 03 today it has been sitting for 2 months now waiting for a new owner.

I put it in gear and it didn't move or load the brakes like usual. Sat for a second and then applied throttle the engine reved but no forward movement. Went to reverse and it took right off, back in D and it sat there for about 30 seconds and then with a pretty good snap started moving forward. I took it out and drove it hard and it felt great, fast shifts but I have noticed 2nd gear shift getting pretty harsh. Fluid level was fine and it smelled fine. But when I sell I want the new owner to know everything I bout the truck so I don't come off as trying to screw someone.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I thought the same thing but wasn't sure. I had a built 700r4 have issues with that. Never had an alli do that to me. And having reverse work seemed odd, when my 700 had that issue it wouldn't move at all.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I thought the same thing but wasn't sure. I had a built 700r4 have issues with that. Never had an alli do that to me. And having reverse work seemed odd, when my 700 had that issue it wouldn't move at all.

If it was a converter drainback issue, I would think it would happen in Forward AND Reverse????

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Probably worn out sealing rings on the pump stator support causing converter drain back. These rings were defective since day one. Using LML sealing rings will cure the problem proving the front rotating assembly ( front drum ) is not ring grooved.