Slow Duramax 1, ricer 0

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Totally hustled a Mazda 3 ricer on 290 while I was pulling a 16'.

A pet peeve of mine on the road is when I am rolling in the fast lane with a trailer and someone thinks they have to pass and cut into my "safe" distance I have between me and the car ahead of me. Pisses me off because we are all limited by the car ahead of us and in trying to go fast too.

So... Ol boy did it! So I put my grill in his back glass, now he's pissed cuz I'm all he can see looking back lol. So he slowed down intentionally thinking he was going to get me worked up but I took the exit on a long frontage road, hit 98 and passed him and like 12 more cars before merging back on 290.

He did a nice fly by when I took my exit home coming into Houston. Lol I love pissing people off :rofl: I'm that asshole, no doubt about it :D

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Its for this reason almost exclusivly I tuned my truck. I had some ass hat decide that he didnt like to be behind a large truck on the highway in the rain so he came around me then jumped in front and brake checked me with my wife and baby in the truck. He then proceeded to keep me and about 20 other cars hemmed up behind an 18 wheeler for 40 miles bc he didnt want me back out front? I decided right then that no ecoboost ford explorer was ever going to beable to get around me ever again. I hadnt ever realized how much the added power made driving safer bc I can get in front of danergous drivers and keep them behind me untill I didnt have it...;)

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
I hate those stupid drivers that always try to sneak past everyone at a lane merge. Whether it be for construction or a road merge. I always block 2 lanes so no asshole tries to sneak in and force someone in the right lane to slam on there brakes. I've had people drive on the grass to go around me and almost cause a person in front of me to crash hard.. So now I don't let anyone by. I block both lanes and just smile!! Every once I awhile I get the fists of hell yeah from the other drivers that couldn't block that one stupid car, but I could!!! That's my pet peeve

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I hate those stupid drivers that always try to sneak past everyone at a lane merge. Whether it be for construction or a road merge. I always block 2 lanes so no asshole tries to sneak in and force someone in the right lane to slam on there brakes. I've had people drive on the grass to go around me and almost cause a person in front of me to crash hard.. So now I don't let anyone by. I block both lanes and just smile!! Every once I awhile I get the fists of hell yeah from the other drivers that couldn't block that one stupid car, but I could!!! That's my pet peeve

Thats called obstructing traffic and if there was ever an accident bc of it you will be held responcible, its basically careless and wreckless driving. Your not a traffic officer you should mind your own business. I like the power of my truck so i can put people like you safely in my rearview...:thumb:

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
When two lanes are merging and people think they can fly up the right lane and cut 20+ cars off after everyone else has merged it becomes my business, and I too like to "obstruct" them.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
its these mentioned instances i hate towing my loaded toyhauler up north somewhere on a holiday weekend. as soon as we all hit a hill, the slow truckers are in the right lane and you get the morons that cant think far enough ahead to get over into the left lane, so they jump out and slow traffic up. That back up then causes people speeding up a shit load then slamming brakes. the speeding up i can do but the stopping i cant so i keep a distance......... well i try to but everyone feels cause i have a safe gap that that is where they are going to jump in after passing everyone in the right lane just before the next slow trucker. it is rediculous cause i damn near rear ended 2 cars due to them doing this and not having my stopping distance anymore.

so two things happened that trip. 1st, i quit trying and went my own pace or just stayed behind a semi. 2nd, my buddy played blocker in his truck/trailer. When i see a slow trucker coming up in the distance, i turn my blinker on and my buddy will cut into traffic to open a spot up for me and let me get over. Then he would jump back in the right lane right next to me. Just as we would get close to the semi, id slow down, let my buddy in and we would progress up the hill. It sure pissed people off but i dont give a shit, specially when i am a nervous wreck cause these f***ing idiots on the road have no respect for vehicle stopping distances.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
its these mentioned instances i hate towing my loaded toyhauler up north somewhere on a holiday weekend. as soon as we all hit a hill, the slow truckers are in the right lane and you get the morons that cant think far enough ahead to get over into the left lane, so they jump out and slow traffic up. That back up then causes people speeding up a shit load then slamming brakes. the speeding up i can do but the stopping i cant so i keep a distance......... well i try to but everyone feels cause i have a safe gap that that is where they are going to jump in after passing everyone in the right lane just before the next slow trucker. it is rediculous cause i damn near rear ended 2 cars due to them doing this and not having my stopping distance anymore.

so two things happened that trip. 1st, i quit trying and went my own pace or just stayed behind a semi. 2nd, my buddy played blocker in his truck/trailer. When i see a slow trucker coming up in the distance, i turn my blinker on and my buddy will cut into traffic to open a spot up for me and let me get over. Then he would jump back in the right lane right next to me. Just as we would get close to the semi, id slow down, let my buddy in and we would progress up the hill. It sure pissed people off but i dont give a shit, specially when i am a nervous wreck cause these f***ing idiots on the road have no respect for vehicle stopping distances.

Yup, we tag team it like that on long trips. Always good to have 2 rigs working into traffic together. Roads down here are brutal, especially holidays when we all make trips

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
When I was driving the durahome back from mustang island I had some dick pull out right in front of me while im doing 60,then he pulled over on the shoulder, his window was down so when I passed him I floored it, the exhaust scared him because it was pointed at him. So he starts flipping me off like slowing from 60 to 30 is normal if someone just pulls right on out. And then headed up 35 from austin to waco is full of idiots. I would hate to be in a ricer getting plowed by the durahomes bumper.

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
Thats called obstructing traffic and if there was ever an accident bc of it you will be held responcible, its basically careless and wreckless driving. Your not a traffic officer you should mind your own business. I like the power of my truck so i can put people like you safely in my rearview...:thumb:

sorry if I didn't explain it enough to make it seem like "I" was the one beeing a a-hole. I have to poles to a job site or down the road every so often and when u got 50's behind a digger truck, and you are trying to keep yr distance. When all of a sudden a butthead pulls into yr safety distance then slams on there brakes and u lock all of yrs up.. Sorry but I'll be the a-hole and block traffic to prevent me or other trucks n trailers from that. I've yet to have a cop pull me over for it.

Ive been pushed off the shoulder going up hill due to people not letting me back in and in such a rush to get by me..

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I put a nice newer porsche 911 turbo in to the ditch and cones once it punched it to cut in as he did not want to get in the line up from construction I closed the opening he was going for it was hit me and maybe a huge pillar or the cones and a ditch. He picked the cheaper way. But I am sure it was over 10k in repair to fix his car lost both bumpers and the hood from what I saw. I was in my lane 100% of the time It was 100% his fault for both speeding and being as ass-hat. Everyone that saw it was cheering that his car was broke.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
When two lanes are merging and people think they can fly up the right lane and cut 20+ cars off after everyone else has merged it becomes my business, and I too like to "obstruct" them.

Shouldn't drivers merge closer to the end so that there is no room to go around? When the cones are about to start coming in the closing lane is when I also take up both lanes. My peeve is when people are afraid to take the open lane to the end. Its there for a reason, so that everyone merges when no room is left, 1 by 1. Simple Right?

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Haha I get irate with these people. I did the same thing pulling a 32ft gooseneck. Guy was in a ricer with an exhaust doing 50 in the left lane. Put my bumper on his trunk and he brake checked me. Went around him when I had an opening while he is flooring his piece of shit. Walked by him and went on my way. He caught up and flipped we off like a bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Shouldn't drivers merge closer to the end so that there is no room to go around? When the cones are about to start coming in the closing lane is when I also take up both lanes. My peeve is when people are afraid to take the open lane to the end. Its there for a reason, so that everyone merges when no room is left, 1 by 1. Simple Right?

Oh my lord someone else understands the principal behind the road cones merging traffic. I hate the mindless sheep that get over way too early then get pussed when intelligent people actually try to follow the guidelines put down by the road crew. And all those guys who drive big rigs you know better, but some just like being ass hats to us 4 wheelers...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Oh my lord someone else understands the principal behind the road cones merging traffic. I hate the mindless sheep that get over way too early then get pussed when intelligent people actually try to follow the guidelines put down by the road crew. And all those guys who drive big rigs you know better, but some just like being ass hats to us 4 wheelers...

I would try to explain, but I don't think you would understand. Basically, if you wait to merge until you're at the cones, you are a dick head. Why do you think they put the signs so far back telling you to merge?

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
I agree with Josh. Im the dick that wont budge for the people waiting till the last minute to merge...

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA

But you speeding up so someone cant pass is safe:confused:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I would try to explain, but I don't think you would understand. Basically, if you wait to merge until you're at the cones, you are a dick head. Why do you think they put the signs so far back telling you to merge?
I agree, I merge as soon as I see the sign. I will slam the door on anyone trying to speed past to get ahead! if everyone would just slow down and weave in when they see the first sign assholes like me wouldn't have high pulse rate, sweat, swear, and wish death on you lol!