Sled pulling with stock trans video!!

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
I know there is always that chance something will give. I have been down the track more times than i can count just havent gave pulling a shot yet. Quite a few of my buddies pull so been around it quite a bit but figured i would give it a shot. The tires ill be running are a pretty mild A/T that im going to borrow from a buddy because i have a highway tire right now and they suck in dirt.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
AT tires are the way to go. 225 tune on stock Trans?

Reason you haven't limped on the 160 is because ppe hp is not at the wheels.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
Ya i know the PPE is crank rated hp not wheel hp. I havent limped the trans on the 225 on the street but i dont beat on it that hard either.So was thinking with it being in 4low and the tcase taking more of the load it should hold. Or should i just play it safe and run my normal 160?

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
Its my dd but the trans seems to be alright. Fluid is still cherry red and shifts like any other stock allison. Ill be giving it a shot next weekend.:thumb:

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
My stock trans held till mid way through this season. Now has some warped steels. On stock fuel with a billet 2.5" charger and shifting from 1-2-3 then lockup all as usual. Going for a converter and some mods internally now. But it still drives awesome. Big tune 4 low give it hell!