Sled pulling set up quick q's

Chadf212

Aug 17, 2014
Dallas Texas
So Im gonna do my first pull next weekend. So far I've got bump stop extensions leaving like 2 1/2 of travel and I'm wondering how much to lower the front of my truck I've got it set up perfect for 4 wheel launches if I go any lower it wonders a little but should I take the torsion bolts out or leave it where it's at? Thanks for the info

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
So Im gonna do my first pull next weekend. So far I've got bump stop extensions leaving like 2 1/2 of travel and I'm wondering how much to lower the front of my truck I've got it set up perfect for 4 wheel launches if I go any lower it wonders a little but should I take the torsion bolts out or leave it where it's at? Thanks for the info

Torsion bolts out. Half Inch gap from bump stops to axle. 2 1/2 is way to much you'll lose all kind of hitch height.

cntry125

Gearhead
Sep 7, 2008
Wisconsin
air pressure and tread pattern can make a huge difference depending on what kind of track you have, also make sure you weigh as much as is allowed for your class and the added is as far forward as possible

Chadf212

Aug 17, 2014
Dallas Texas
Ya I have cognito traction bars and I'm running those federal mts 35x12.50 with decent tread. Id imagine the tracks Gonna have decent traction it's red clay and it's going to rain 4 days before the pull it looks like. Thanks a ton for the tips guys keep em coming haha :thumb:

Chadf212

Aug 17, 2014
Dallas Texas
So it looks like it's gonna rain all week should I do anything different? Wait longer to give her wot or what? Is it frowned apon in stock class to strap the front end?