sled pullin hitch

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
I use a pintle hitch just like the second pic you have. With the adjustable hitch. I put a 5" clevis in the pintle. Center pin of the clevis is dead on at 26" with 11" lift and 38s. Works great.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
those would both work together great...thats what my cousin uses

but the ones in the pictures wont bolt together because the mounting holes on the pintle hitch is narrower than the ones in the clevis

Cobra#3747

Jan 2, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have never pulled, so take this for whatever you want, but I have watched a ton of videos of pulling now :baby: and have seen the hollow hitches (draw bars) break. Couldnt tell if that was a solid unit or not.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
thats what i was afraid of cause this will be my first season pulling and around my town there are now good pullin dmaxs and i am doing everyhting else to pull good i would hate to go to my first pull and snap a hitch,
ive seen your video TBB and that was funny but damn that would suck

if i cant build my own hitch any other ideas i can use to hook with?

TurboBeagleBuggy

Hound Dog Express
ive seen your video TBB and that was funny

Glad everyone else finds humor in it.

if i cant build my own hitch any other ideas i can use to hook with?

Let me do some digging in the catalog I have from a trailer place I deal with, there was some stuff that will work I remember looking at last year while I was breaking stuff.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Do a search on Ebay (sorry there are some nice things to be had from there and its convienent, just a fact) for "pintle hitch plate" and I think you'll find what you need. I found one (didn't buy it yet though) on there with a 1/2" plate, 1/2" diam. adjusting holes, solid 2" draw bar, and a 1/4" plate steel support gusset between the plate and the draw bar. It wasn't as expensive as the one you posted either.

C-ya