Slapped around by a powerstroke

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
My Denali is deleted, CP3ed, WCFab cold air bundle etc etc etc.

I was running some errands yesterday and this white 6.7 Platinum edition dually shows up next to me at a light. Light goes green, I don't really hammer it but I roll out pretty strong.

PS guy hammers it, leaves me like I'm tied to a post.

Next light, same thing except I get after mine a bit harder. Same results. This goes on for a bit, but it doesn't take too long for me to realize I have nothing for this guy.

Part that pissed me off was he was blowing black smoke all over me!

I'm just running a single, trans safe tow / delete tune, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Still pissed me off. LOL.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
If it was as fast as you say it was then it was heavily modded imo.

Stock turbo form they are not that impressive to me.

Lol x2!
Every ford I’ve ever seen stock or heavily modded sounds like it’s about to explode makes a lot of smoke and doesn’t appear to be moving fast
Their defense though ever one is jacked up on 37s+
Same goes for mustangs
Loud as hell and not in a good way and always slower than molasses
They get pissed when they get beat to

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
My Denali is deleted, CP3ed, WCFab cold air bundle etc etc etc.

I was running some errands yesterday and this white 6.7 Platinum edition dually shows up next to me at a light. Light goes green, I don't really hammer it but I roll out pretty strong.

PS guy hammers it, leaves me like I'm tied to a post.

Next light, same thing except I get after mine a bit harder. Same results. This goes on for a bit, but it doesn't take too long for me to realize I have nothing for this guy.

Part that pissed me off was he was blowing black smoke all over me!

I'm just running a single, trans safe tow / delete tune, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Still pissed me off. LOL.

I'm not a powerstroke guy but they will make 600+ hp on just a tune and exhaust. If you had a built trans and big tune it would be a different story.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I was out making a test run one day , so happens my wife wanted to go for a ride since it had been a while since she had been in my truck and sees it as the mistress at times and wonders what the attraction is all about . We’re out tooling around and low and behold here comes this youngster next to us with a truck just like has been discribed jacked up, big tires and blowing smoke , I hit the auto lock button,down shift it and get the revs up , I let him get the hit then I cut Mighty Max loose on his ass . We left him as if he was Parked . Lol He pulls back up next to us with a WTF just happened :rofl:The smile on my wife’s face said it all . Love busting em down on the street, never know what your gonna catch when you go fishing. :roflmao:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I was out making a test run one day , so happens my wife wanted to go for a ride since it had been a while since she had been in my truck and sees it as the mistress at times and wonders what the attraction is all about . We’re out tooling around and low and behold here comes this youngster next to us with a truck just like has been discribed jacked up, big tires and blowing smoke , I hit the auto lock button,down shift it and get the revs up , I let him get the hit then I cut Mighty Max loose on his ass . We left him as if he was Parked . Lol �� He pulls back up next to us with a WTF just happened :rofl:The smile on my wife’s face said it all . Love busting em down on the street, never know what your gonna catch when you go fishing. :roflmao:

I love hearing story's like this. I want to go fishing!:roflmao:

Reactions: cdbright

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
We’re out tooling around and low and behold here comes this youngster next to us with a truck just like has been discribed jacked up, big tires and blowing smoke ,

That's the thing. This was a pearl white Platinum edition dually. Headache rack in the back, stock wheel size, no lift. Late model. probably 15 or newer?

If it hadn't been for all the black smoke, you would have thought it was stock.

I think my truck is just slow. LOL.

But like I said, when I ordered the tune I just did a single safe delete tow tune. I had DSP 5 on my LB7_Z and rarely switched tunes. That and I read somewhere where DSP 5 on the LMLs was just kind of fooling the ECM on the fueling tables or something? Not sure.

I really didn't think I was too worried about how quick my truck would be, just wanted to ditch the CP4 and emissions. That was until a stock appearing FORD, blew black smoke all over me.

Oh well, I'll get over it. Just give it a few days.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
That's the thing. This was a pearl white Platinum edition dually. Headache rack in the back, stock wheel size, no lift. Late model. probably 15 or newer?

But like I said, when I ordered the tune I just did a single safe delete tow tune. I had DSP 5 on my LB7_Z and rarely switched tunes. That and I read somewhere where DSP 5 on the LMLs was just kind of fooling the ECM on the fueling tables or something? Not sure.

I really didn't think I was too worried about how quick my truck would be, just wanted to ditch the CP4 and emissions. That was until a stock appearing FORD, blew black smoke all over me.

That’s the wrong mentality.

You need to get a bigger tune and go hunting.

Reactions: dclinc

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD

We have essentially the same setup as far as hard parts. I only have a single tune and it should be 580hp to the wheels. I am neck and neck with stage 2 Subaru sti’s Making 300hp to the wheels. My trucks a blast, I would put money on mine over and tuned and deleted power stroke

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
We have a 12 f250 6.7. The only thing i like about it is the fact that we put around 3k in it to get 550-600hp. Stock trans is still holding strong. Just tuned and deleted with an exhaust. I hate how the exhaust sounds thought. Legit sounds like a weed eater.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I stomped a mud hole in a tuned/deleted 6.7 on 35’s with a bone stock l5p:rofl: all I saw was ford grill getting smaller and a giant black cloud behind him. Next light he stayed back by the bed, didn’t wAnt to talk or make eye contact:baby:

I don’t even bother in the blue or white truck, not worth loosing my cdl anyway.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
I'm sorry, that just means you need to mod your truck more And never let that happen again,when I saw this title I figured it was a joke I didn't really believe it,lol It's all good man you'll get him next time, I'm honestly always going fishing for power strokes after they hear my Turbo they don't want to play

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ya'll need to build your trans. My truck woke up like no other after building the trans. Sure, it had 80k on the clock after some serious abuse, but it was night and day.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ya'll need to build your trans. My truck woke up like no other after building the trans. Sure, it had 80k on the clock after some serious abuse, but it was night and day.

I'll have to agree with that. A slipping trans makes playing no fun. Other then my tune, best upgrade I've had done

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
That’s the wrong mentality.

You need to get a bigger tune and go hunting.

LOL I'm trying to be a good boy!

We have essentially the same setup as far as hard parts. I only have a single tune and it should be 580hp to the wheels. I am neck and neck with stage 2 Subaru sti’s Making 300hp to the wheels. My trucks a blast, I would put money on mine over and tuned and deleted power stroke

I wish you lived closer, it would be nice to compare notes.

My LML is slow too. I think some LML's have hidden tables, or maybe tables only certain tuners can access.

I have no idea, I would like to figure out how to learn. The way the EPA is cracking down, it may get to the point where we are back to doing all our own tuning.

Maybe at some point? Truck only has 46K on it. Never had a wild tune on it. But I am not happy with the way the transmission acts. It just never seems to be in the right gear. Or it takes too long to find the right gear.

That’s not the issue

James, your posts are beginning to read like MikeL's. Is that intentional? LOL! Please elaborate. What is the issue?

I'll have to agree with that. A slipping trans makes playing no fun. Other then my tune, best upgrade I've had done

Maybe someday.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I rarely see any tuned up diesel trucks where I live.. Or any potential street races it seems.. I miss the days when I lived in AZ and everyone wanted to race lol