single disk to 6 disk

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i will be putting in a 6 disk radio into my truck this week and i am just wondering what will need to be done is it a plug and play type of thing or do i have to reprogram the BCM

Thanks
Jared

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com
The radio will be LOCKED most likely and will have to be unlocked by a TECHII. I do think they will have to program the radio for a standard sound if you dont have the Bose and the radio came from a Bose truck.
PS. Hello from a fellow NC member!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Simple reprogram at the dealer. Be prepared...they usually hit you up for an hour shop time (for a 15 minute job).

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
no dice on efi bcm controls or tech2 only. if you have a friend who is a tech just bring him lunch on his lunch break and he can unlock the radio while he eats and still have time left to shoot the breeze.

c55asleep

Apr 23, 2009
Miami,Fl
there is no way this can be done with EFI correct?

I just did mine today at the dealer. I had access to a techII and did my tire pressure but no luck with the radio. To do the radio you need the techII along with TIS. Thanks to Tom (Bac) for guiding me in the right direction.

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
if u know someone at the dealership u can just give him the vin# and he can give u the code, thats how I did my wifes 06 when I changed the battery

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
i dont know what a TIS is but I gave my buddy the vin and he gave me some #s that i had to punch in on the radio presets that unlocked the radio