Siezed bolt

mplteddy

Jul 10, 2007
Central Alberta...
www.mplmotorsports.ca
I'm trying to take and LBZ turbo off and one of the bolts for the right side up pipe, came out one turn and stuck. Now it won't move at all. Anyone got any ideas on getting it apart, without destroying the threads in the turbo?

Thanks.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
vice grips are your friend.... :rofl: ... luck with that thing, its gonna be baked in there. :D

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I would spray the hell out of that thing with lube, and try an ease out or a tap.

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
I had 3 bolts that did the same thing on the stocker when I pulled it off. I drilled the fastners out to find that one whole turn of thread was fatter than the rest by .100. Wierdest thing I've seen in a while.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Doing this requires some really good penetrating fluid. Schaeffers is the best i have found; amazing stuff. Soak the bolt for 10 minutes then begin to remove it. When it begins to bind, stop and spray some more. Bring the bolt back to where you started turning it slow. heat will break the bolt when to force it. Start again to remove the bolt slowly not heating the bolt and spraying good shit along the way. You will get to the original bind up and go a taste more and stop. Spray more shit and bring bolt back to begining. Continue doing this and in a short while it wiil break free. Do NOT be in a hurry and turn bolt slowly no to heat it up. This works guys.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Doing this requires some really good penetrating fluid. Schaeffers is the best i have found; amazing stuff. Soak the bolt for 10 minutes then begin to remove it. When it begins to bind, stop and spray some more. Bring the bolt back to where you started turning it slow. heat will break the bolt when to force it. Start again to remove the bolt slowly not heating the bolt and spraying good shit along the way. You will get to the original bind up and go a taste more and stop. Spray more shit and bring bolt back to begining. Continue doing this and in a short while it wiil break free. Do NOT be in a hurry and turn bolt slowly no to heat it up. This works guys.

Mike does that mean it's electrical problom then.Because I thought a hammer should work:confused::p:D

Actually that is sound advice!

Has any of you guys tried the loctite freeze yet,It worked great on a bolt we where haveing issues with at work one time:)