Shutter/Slip when taking off from stop

ksstang

May 17, 2011
Lawrence, KS
Hey guys,

So.... Trying to track down an issue that I've had for awhile now. I've noticed when taking off from a stop light as soon as I start to accelerate there is a slight hesitation, shutter, slip as I take off. It sometimes also does it if I have my foot on the brake, and just take my foot off before I even hit the accelerator. I have checked the trans fluid and it looks great, doesn't smell burnt, etc. I also checked the U-Joints thinking they might be bad. They seem night and tight with no play in the driveshaft. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, and its hard to describe it. If anyone has any ideas of what I could check out it would be much appreciated!

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
I had a similar feeling with mine and saw another thread saying to grease your splines of the slip yoke on your rear driveshaft where it goes into the transfer case. This ended up fixing mine

ksstang

May 17, 2011
Lawrence, KS
I had a similar feeling with mine and saw another thread saying to grease your splines of the slip yoke on your rear driveshaft where it goes into the transfer case. This ended up fixing mine

Ok awesome! I will give that a shot! Any special grease I need to use, or just any ole grease?

Also, if I pull that shaft to grease it, will fluid run out of the transfer case?

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Park on level ground or with the nose slightly downhill....Should have very little to no fluid out of the case

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
Ok awesome! I will give that a shot! Any special grease I need to use, or just any ole grease?

Also, if I pull that shaft to grease it, will fluid run out of the transfer case?

I just used regular grease and as said above, you will not lose enough fluid to worry about it if its parked level