Shop in Utah

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
Looking at RKL or Wild Diesel here in Utah. Thoughts? Other recommendations?

Not really into Gillette as I feel I got a bit ripped there. Haven't tried G&R.

Thanks for your feedback:thumb:

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Run from G&R...

Even if I wasn't sponsored by Gillett Id still go there.

I don't know what happened between you and them.

But I always know my truck is done right even if the bill is more versus a cheaper shop.

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
You might try Rex's Diesel in American Fork/Lehi whatever you do stay away from Utah Diesel Center. I have used Gillett but I believe they are are too expensive. I would still use them though

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
Run from G&R...

Even if I wasn't sponsored by Gillett Id still go there.

I don't know what happened between you and them.

But I always know my truck is done right even if the bill is more versus a cheaper shop.

I get it, I am not afraid of the pay more to get more and have it done right. They did not treat me poorly or anything- nice enough guys and got the job done. Not speaking ill of them actually, just want to try somewhere else.

If I had a garage, I would do the work myself. I am not afraid to do the job myself. I have a dirt (well snow) driveway and my workshop is a bit too far from my driveway to be doing this job right now. If Busted Knuckles was still open I would go there and do it myself.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Bakers in Ogden or Moonlight in Logan would be my go-to's for any work I couldn't do myself. They might not be the cheapest, but the work will be done right.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I've gone to Gillett for nearly 10yrs. They know Duramax and do good work. Prices are comparable to other shops. At Industrial Injection Chavis (cafryer) is the Duramax guy and he's very good.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Gillette IMO never steered me wrong on info. And if you want some totally anal brainiac and dont mind paying 125 an hour go see DJ auto in Provo ALL ASE master techs and lead tech is an advanced diagnostics teacher for car quest. However RKL is a HACK. Ive got a few customers that went there and lemme tell you their KIDS are learning on your shit. 04 LB7 they pulled the customers recently replaced injectors from his wrecked truck and rammed them in dirty. He had shit smashed into his sealing washers, let the valve cover gasket fall into the head and cause a really nasty oil leak. valve cover bolts missing and loose. Same type of shit on other trucks from there Ive seen. It had bad balance rates ( I bet they let all kinds of shit in the injectors ) Broken wiring, Loose nuts on the GCPM. Dude strung me and my buddy along when I was working at ford wanting us to go work for him. we are both ASE master and hes Ford diesel master me just a LOT of furdd diesel and other certs as well as GM.
Your looking for a shop that's clean, organised, and full of name brand tools(not harbor freight) Has techs with age and experience not full of kids, certs on the wall and for gods sake transparency.
Unfortunately until I grow larger I cant keep on top of organised only make sure my products are 150% right :thumb: