Shocks

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I am looking for a recommendation for replacement shocks. The truck still has the original OEM shocks on and I would like to get some heavy duty replacements. Does anyone have any good recommendations for front and rear? Brand? Model and Type? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
This is a pretty typical question. Everyone has their own opinions on which brand is better. The usual recommendations are Bilstein 5100's, Rancho 9000's, or Fox 2.0 shocks. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. Post up if you have more questions after your search.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Thanks for the recommendations. Do you have an opinion on KYB shocks? I will look into the Rancho 9000's. Thanks again!

I run the kyb non adjustable shocks for the rear of my truck. The ones I use are 2" shorter than stock shocks due to my back of truck is a 5" drop. I like them. Rides soft but not soft where it feels like a boat lol. Cheap too! I run rancho 9000xl adjustables for front and there Awsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I appreciate the recommendations. I am going to go with the KYB Monomax shocks, because of there lifetime warranty. That is HUGE to me when buying wearable items that could fail early. Thanks all!

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
That's the shock I run in the rear the monomax shocks. Seem pretty good thus far!

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
True^ and there an Awsome shock. Alot more than the monomax's though. For the fronts I would definatly do the rancho 9's no doubt. As you can adjust accordingly. Great for street and strip use.